HL2 Boxes at my EB store.

stigmata, you're right about the image, I checked my box, they might have changed that to the cliff scene for the GOTY box, idk.

urseus, my gripe with shirts is that they wear out really fast. Rarely are those promo shirts good quality. The pewter figure or whatever, on the other hand, would be proudly displayed at LAN parties for years to come. Oh, but I don't want a mouse pad! I hate when they give you a mouse pad, I've got like 10 I got for free and I don't even end up using one.

the silver box i heard which will be the special edition i think is supposed to be metal...if so i'd buy it in a second

I own a Half-Life shirt. I think i got it off thier website at some point, bout 1 to 1.5 yrs ago? Its a Haine's Beefy T so , if anything, its too thick , and since its black , it gets mad hot in the summer.

Originally posted by Kamakiri
So so very true. Boxes are boring. Games always have boxes in them to make the map feel more full. But they are still boring as hell. lol.

Usually they are, but sometimes the companies do some cool things w/ them. When Return to Casle Wolfenstein came out they had a really cool all alluminum box. The front slid off to reveal the contents and it looked like a storage box that they used back in WWII. Sure it coasted $15 more than the normal game, but I got it anyways. Damn cool box and maked a great addition to my collection. (Anyone else keep all the packaging for their games?)

The boxes are probably gonna be real big, the boxes right now are usually really small, like SoF 2's box. HL2's looks pretty big.

I preordered my Alu "Limited Edition" box some days ago. They will call me when they got it (can be a week before release day...like they did with Black And White)

I like that store :)

Originally posted by Majestic XII
I like that store :)

what store?

Damerus, I keep all the packaging too. I have the last like 10 boxes "on display" on a bookshelf next to my computer

the only box i seem to have kept for some reason is my good 'ol SC box. *pets it* although i keep all my manuals and stuff in a little shelf thing above my monitor. it's getting really full :p

I love boxes. But I have no space to show them off so they just sit on the floor by my computer, out of the way. Or shoved into a cubord with blank CD-Rs and hard disks.

What I don't like are the new boxes. I hate them so much. So friggen small. I want my HL2 box to be in all of its glory. But unfortunatly I think those E3 boxes are the small kind. I rad it some time back in a differnet thread.

Originally posted by Escher0
what store?

Damerus, I keep all the packaging too. I have the last like 10 boxes "on display" on a bookshelf next to my computer

Its called "Enterdata" and is located in Lerum...around 20 km from Gothenburg, Sweden....Hey! While you are there....why not pay me a visit? :)

Originally posted by Majestic XII
Its called "Enterdata" and is located in Lerum...around 20 km from Gothenburg, Sweden....Hey! While you are there....why not pay me a visit? :)
Spooky, I just ordered my "Jens of Sweden" MP3 player from EnterData (or was it InterData?). Even though all my Finnish friends hate the name, it's a great mp3 player.

Majestic, could you go down there and tell Martin to get a move on with the accessories pack for me, jeez. ;)

Maybe I'll get my silver box HL2 from there. How much in SEK was it? Or do they know yet?

getting back to topic here......i went to my EB store and they had the boxes too, after i reserved my copy =), i snapped off a pic of them. Enjoy

18880830.hl2promoboxes.jpg

Bah, pick only work if u copy url into an explorer window.
Uploaded it to my server.

Great work getting a pic of the box Hudson.

18880830.hl2promoboxes.jpg

Enjoy :p

Wow, it says for display purposes only...But still cooool!

Nice Radeon, very nice. I gonna save this picture for my HL2 collection.

They better be doing pre-orders here in australia or ill be mighty pissed off.

ehh, that box isn't worth stealing, its fugly. Is there anything on the back at least?

Werent the people suspicious when you took that picture??? ;)

Lol I bet people were like why the hell did he take a picture of a promotional half-life 2 box.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Nice Radeon, very nice. I gonna save this picture for my HL2 collection.

ehh, that box isn't worth stealing, its fugly. Is there anything on the back at least?

errr mr.reak i took the pic, but thanks a lot to radeon for hosting.

on the back there were a fre screenshots and some propaganda. 2 of the shots were of soliders fighting ant lions, and one was of alex and the black professor, cant remember his name.

hahaha yeah the guy didnt say anything surprisingly, i guess cause i had just bought something from him =)

Those of you who live in cities are lucky. I live in a small town, so I have to wait about 3-4 weeks after a game's released before I can get ripped off at Wal Mart.
I might just have to get my sister to buy it in Kansas City.:cool:

BWMASTER, I think you read wrong, it says "Guarantee you copy NOW for only $5 down!" that means you pay an extra 5 bucks to guarantee you get a copy on release day :p

No it does NOT mean you pay an EXTRA, but that that $5 is deducted from the whole price. So basically you're paying 5 dollars right now, which is basically collateral (sp?) saying that you'll buy the game the day they get it in.

So no you didn't save money or spend more than anyone else (unless another store is selling it cheaper :p).

Originally posted by papa jake
Those of you who live in cities are lucky. I live in a small town, so I have to wait about 3-4 weeks after a game's released before I can get ripped off at Wal Mart.
I might just have to get my sister to buy it in Kansas City.:cool:
Why wait? Pre-Order it online. Shipping costs a buck or two at most and most places ship things so it gets to your door the day of or the day after release. Closer to release, all the sites will have it if not already. Personally, I'm waiting to see if any store gives a bonus for pre-ordering. (Example, for pre-ordering Enter the Matrix (bad game) at EB, you got some bonus DVD and $10 the strategy guide (which was only about $15).)

Originally posted by BWMASTER
Lol, im gonna go tommorow and punk one. They will know its missing because they only had 3 LOL

I dont think they really care.

Back when Vice City came out on PS2, I was waitin inline and I wanted one of those Retail box things, so I just walked over there nonchalantly and copped one, and slipped it in my hoodie.

Waited inline, paid for vice city, walked out. end of story.

Why wait? Pre-Order it online. Shipping costs a buck or two at most and most places ship things so it gets to your door the day of or the day after release. Closer to release, all the sites will have it if not already.
You sold me! I think I'll just do that.
I just showed one of my friends the E3 trailor, and he says he's going to buy it as well. Maybe if I get enough people to buy it from the same place and at the same time we might get some bulk discount...

Originally posted by djkanuk
Spooky, I just ordered my "Jens of Sweden" MP3 player from EnterData (or was it InterData?). Even though all my Finnish friends hate the name, it's a great mp3 player.

Majestic, could you go down there and tell Martin to get a move on with the accessories pack for me, jeez. ;)

Maybe I'll get my silver box HL2 from there. How much in SEK was it? Or do they know yet?

So you know Lerum? Thats cool :)

Jens Of Sweden is a great player...i like it very much.

They know how many boxes of the game they will get in about a month, they i will get the prize. You can send a email to [email protected] and ask them to put away a copy for ya. You only need to write your nummber so they can call you when you can pick it up.

Originally posted by papa jake
You sold me! I think I'll just do that.
I just showed one of my friends the E3 trailor, and he says he's going to buy it as well. Maybe if I get enough people to buy it from the same place and at the same time we might get some bulk discount...
most likely you won't get a bulk discount but you will save on shipping

Originally posted by InFeRnO
No it does NOT mean you pay an EXTRA, but that that $5 is deducted from the whole price. So basically you're paying 5 dollars right now, which is basically collateral (sp?) saying that you'll buy the game the day they get it in.

So no you didn't save money or spend more than anyone else (unless another store is selling it cheaper :p).

right on the button, now when HL2 retails for 69.99 canadian :eek: i will pay 6 dollars less (because thats what i had in my pocket)

when i think about it, im pretty f'in screwed, becuase i have to save about 600 dollars for a radeon 9800, and have an extra 60 dollars left over to buy hl2

Back