HL2 Boxes Piccy???? You decide....

S

Scumbag

Are these the new boxes???

URL Taken out due to needing username/password.

See attachement lower down in list.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
Link wants a password and their probably demo boxes.

yup, i'd say the final box design will be shown when the game goes gold, or when you see it in the store :D

Try this.

Attachments

• hl2boxesa.jpg
    hl2boxesa.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 628
Those 4 boxes were shown at E3 when Half-Life 2 was officially announced. As far as we know, those are final, as I believe noe of the VALVe guys confirmed. But anything can change....

I want the silverish one. It is most likely the Special Edition :)

I bet the real boxes will be like pumped full of pics or even a fold out thing like some boxes have with all the features and what now :D

thats cool i haven't seen these before.

:)

Yea those boxes are pretty sweet. That silver one is probably the Collectors Edition right? Anyway they are nice looking.

seen them before, they look good :)
particulary liking the gman box

I like the Gordon one myself.

And if I'm not mistaken, Gabe has confirmed that those do indeed represent the final box artwork.

Must admit I much prefer the DVD Case style easier to store and the standard size makes it much easier to get a nice cabinet for your games. However I wouldn't care if the game came wrapped in a tissue as long as I get it.

Does anyone know what versions of the SKU will be released on DVD (I believe Gabe confirmed a DVD edition) has this been cancelled or could it be there will actually be 6 versions of the game? 3 SKU's with a CD or DVD version?!

Taking a guess I would envisage a sort of Collectors DVD edition only..or something.

The funny thing is that the G-Man and Alyx are ingame models but Gordon is drawn on his box. Yet they are almost indistinguishable.

If I'm not mistaken, in HL2 (as in HL1) the camera never goes outside of freemans view. So I guess they didn't really concentrate on modelling a freeman as such. However, I'm sure they have made one, prolly just not showing it off yet.

Sh1t relax you crazy b1tches. Not everyone stays on this forum 24x7. Go easy. Besides, there are SO MANY users on this forum that even recently made topics go to the second page in a couple of days, explaining the repeation of topics as not many people go past the first page of topic categories. Stop acting like deranged monkeys ..... RELAX !

:cheers:

The DVD cases thing is probably only in the UK. We get ALL of our games in DVD Cases now.

If I'm not mistaken, in HL2 (as in HL1) the camera never goes outside of freemans view. So I guess they didn't really concentrate on modelling a freeman as such. However, I'm sure they have made one, prolly just not showing it off yet.
Yeah, but I think they need a freeman model for reflections in mirrors etc.. With this I assume HL2 will have (proper working) mirrors somewhere..

Originally posted by Inflatable
Yeah, but I think they need a freeman model for reflections in mirrors etc.. With this I assume HL2 will have (proper working) mirrors somewhere..

You will never see Freeman in the game. Not even in mirrors. Check the Valve info thread. As always, it was a design decision and not a technical one.

The funny thing is that the G-Man and Alyx are ingame models but Gordon is drawn on his box. Yet they are almost indistinguishable.
how can you be certain? there have been no shots of gordon model, although there obviously is one, i suspect that is the model, or something very similar

I would like to see Gordon standing with the Dog robot.

somthing like that:

Originally posted by Pol
how can you be certain? there have been no shots of gordon model, although there obviously is one, i suspect that is the model, or something very similar

Just look at the Gordon box, it's obvious that it isn't a model.

Originally posted by Claws
Just look at the Gordon box, it's obvious that it isn't a model.

To tell you the truth, it isnt that obvious. The drawing looks very much like the models. And there has to be a Gordon model, I mean what are people going to use for Multiplayer?

its been mentioned b4 that the silver one in the pic is just the back of the other 3 boxes.
looking at the top lids it looks like it could be. The silver box's top looks to be lifted a bit, look at the front of alyx's box it looks lifted a bit too. They open the same way if it was the back of the box. although the GMAN box opens different so maybe it isnt the back of the box.
yeah must be SE or something

Originally posted by Feath
The DVD cases thing is probably only in the UK. We get ALL of our games in DVD Cases now.

Europe, not just UK : )

You will never see Freeman in the game. Not even in mirrors. Check the Valve info thread. As always, it was a design decision and not a technical one.

*cough* multiplayer *cough*

they still have to make a Freeman model, because of multiplayer

Yes I know that, but I still think that the Gordon box cover is art and not a 3d model.

Back