HL2 Collectors Edition at EB Games

I kinda of like the price point. At that price, the average joe probably won't pay the extra money for the special edition of HL2. Which means I have a better chance of getting my hands on the special edition of HL2. :D

It's funny to see them selling a product they know nothing about and what the recommended retail price is :) It could end up being worth $200 and they would have to honor the pre-orders thanks to their stupidity.

sundance said:
Always funny to read people thinking HL2 wont be pirated. :>
I think they mean being able to play online with pirated versions :)

EVIL said:
Can you please shut your mouth? There are enough stupid people here that can’t read, and in no time it’s stated as official at every fan site, and we will get 10098 topics here asking if it’s true. If you don’t know don’t say anything... Please

Sorry to be so rude (if you can call that rude) but its getting annoying, K :)

Well, tell this to Doug, not me, he said that.

if the collectors edition has all those mods, it would be smart just to start paying for the steam subscription monthly, easier on the wallet and you get any mod you want.

Hmm, $79, that's like £45, not far above, say, the overpriced crap you might get from EA. I expected the Collectors edition (we are talking about the most expensive of the 3 packages, right?) to actually be a bit more than that. Still, I think I'll wait until I know what they put in the box.

OMFG it's 400 NIS for me !!!!!!!!!!!
Man better start saving my money :(

thund said:
Hmm, $79, that's like £45, not far above, say, the overpriced crap you might get from EA. I expected the Collectors edition (we are talking about the most expensive of the 3 packages, right?) to actually be a bit more than that. Still, I think I'll wait until I know what they put in the box.

Yeah, but don't forget inflation costs, and tax. Knowing our luck, it'll end up being £60-80.... :frown: Not Valve's fault by any means, just hate the damn' tax/inflation in the UK!

now...what do you get if you buy a "steam subscription"? I knew that you could buy software off it and updates, but what does a subscription give you that you couldn't get if you didn't have one?

there isn't a lot known about steam subscription, but you will be able to get any content valve releases if you have a subscription. so it will be quite worth it when there are a lot of mods out that cost money to buy.

but, if you've bought the game, patches will still be free via steam along with free mods, right?

Sashswash said:
but, if you've bought the game, patches will still be free via steam along with free mods, right?

Correct, any free mods will remain free, as well as updates.
VALVe created mods (CS/HL/TFC/Op4 source/etc) will all cost extra

Valve have said that a Steam subscription would make available ALL Valve content, meaning you would have access to anything Valve sells for one flat rate. Of course, they said this last year, who knows what they're thinking right now. They appear to have a difficult time deciding on their market strategy and price structure, given the almost total lack of details they've revealed so far. Not that I blame them, it's a pretty heavy consideration to weigh; they will be the first major online broadband publisher ever, they will be setting expectations and precedents for all online publishing to come in the future, and they will be grossly affecting the Valve company balance sheet for many years into the future. Not a decision to take lightly.

Provided they do everything right, a few months after HL2 release Valve will have a Steam audience of over 10 million gamers, who can be marketed to for FREE and sold to DIRECT. It will be the biggest thing to hit the game industry since online multiplayer, and every game-related company on the planet will be tripping over themselves to get a piece of the action. Expect several of the larger publishers to launch their own Steamalikes within a couple years.

how will collectords edition work. if theres t-shirts wil lthe face on the box , be the face on the t-shirt?!

The box alone will be worth an extra $10. I guess the other $20 will be for some really good shizz.

Back