HL2 coupon -

A

Anima86

hi, sorry for prolly creating another threat but i just want to know for sure :)

Today i got a halflife2 coupon from a friend of mine, who bought a radeon 9600 XT last year. So first i went to the ATI website and there the confusion began.

So i want to state this clear, if i open my steam account can i just add my "cdkey" from the coupon, I'll notice when hl2 is available by some kind of new logo underneath my CS logo in steam games list ?

Yes. You get the VALVe premiere pack with the current HL2 coupon. I don't believe that includes CS, however.

You'll still receive HL2 with the coupon code once it's released. It's not clear whether or not the version of HL2 you get will be the "lite (ie. sp only)" or full version, however.

Yah, use the scratch-off number as your cd key and get a lot of games for free, including HL2 and CS:S

Does anyone know the answer to this one:

If you download HL2 via Steam, can you still get HL2 in the mail? My guess is no, but I don't know for sure

Thanks

if you email ati with ur seiral number of ur gfx card, will they give u a key? if you pretend that you lost it? rofl

No it wasn't. Even some X800 Pros include the HL2 coupon

So if i allredy sent my information to ATI For my free copy of half life 2 i cant pre load half life 2 onto steam and play it once it comes out?

kungfucheez said:
I bought a radeon 9800 pro and i got no Coupon :(

you should have done what I did: bought a 9600xt, used the coupon, sold the 9600 and bought a 9800 pro :)

I am NOT! waiting 4 to 6 weeks for Half Life 2. thats it im pre ordering it! if i cant get it on steam when it comes out.

I got the valve premier pack with hl and all the cs dod ... etc mods and i didnt even have to put in a cd-key from my coupon! where do i put in the key??

Shuzer said:
Yes. You get the VALVe premiere pack with the current HL2 coupon. I don't believe that includes CS, however.

You'll still receive HL2 with the coupon code once it's released. It's not clear whether or not the version of HL2 you get will be the "lite (ie. sp only)" or full version, however.

it better be with CS source :hmph:

Sideswiped said:
Its been posted before that the ATI coupon HL2 will include both SP & MP.

Where? I've never seen any official word on this.

Special Offer:

When you buy the new RADEON™ 9800 XT you will get a FREE copy of Half-Life® 2 once the game is released and available through retail. Until then, Valve and ATI are offering the Valve Premier Pack free, which includes the games: Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Ricochet. This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-Life 2 is available.

ok i got the key in front of me, i just want to make a steam account with this key, or add this key to my existing account but how :/ ???

Just keep it until HL2 comes out. Once you've pre-cached HL2 on the day of it's official release, you'll probably just be able to right-click on the HL2 icon in steam, select 'play now' and wait for Steam to ask you for the CD-KEY.

If you've already got the 'Premier Pack' games, there isn't much point in adding the new CD-KEY just yet.

At least, I don't think so anyways.

I E-maild ATI because I was curious about the Half lfie 2 coupon.

I want to use my Half life 2 Activation code to download half life 2 once its available but I already mailed you all my information for you to mail it to me. Can i still download Half- Life 2 when its available or do i have to wait for it in the mail? If I have to wait for you to mail it to me can change that?

In regards to your email, whether you wish to download the game or receive it on CD, we still have to have the required information. Once the game becomes available, you will be notified via email, and then you decide whether you would like to download the game or receive it on CD.

Do you know if I can pre load it be for it comes out so the moment it comes out i can play it?

Once the game is released, you may then go to the website and download the game. Unfortunately it can not be downloaded before it is released.

Looks like I will be pre ordering it.

The ATI coupon allows you to play all current mods besides CZ for free. Once HL2 is out, you no longer have access to those mods. You cannot add a HL2 key to a old account right now. Only way to enter the key right now is to make a whole new account. The ATI offer gives you the FULL edition of HL2. In order to get the game on CD you must goto atihloffer.com and sign up. The four important things you need are

1. Photocopy of the Half-Life® 2 Coupon showing your activation key code - exposed
2. Original UPC (bar code) or the full product name cut from the ATI or Partner product package (Photocopies will not be accepted)
3. Photocopy of sales receipt with the qualifying ATI or ATI partner 3D graphics board purchase circled
4. Completed Fulfillment Order Form Confirmation Page

thanks for all the info, it's all clear for me now :) I'll wait till hl2 is available and add my cdkey ;)

What would be cool if it was downloaded by Steam as an ISO file(2) to make the CDs from.. Then you could keep the CD file and have no issues...

Dedatorv said:
Its was only for the 9600XT/9800XT Cards.

Actually, that's not true. BestBuy ran a promotion shortly after the 9800xt was released. They offered the 9800 pro (128mb version) with not only a $50 rebate, but also a free coupon for HL2. I got the check and the coupon. This lasted for only a week, so I can see why you may be confused - nobody seems to have heard about it and the 9800 pro isn't even listed in the promotion. Go figure.

Ed. Also to note is that it's unclear whether you get one or the other (download/CD) with the coupon. Some of the small print says one or the other, but I called the ATI number related to the coupon and they said that for $10 they would ship out the CD. I'm assuming that's only if you don't download the game though - but who knows if you can work around that.

Back