HL2 Crosshair

S

Smirnoff171

Does anyone know officially wut the little semi-circle thing are for around the crosshair? I've heard that they display ammo and health....but that's a rumor I think. :(

I also has quoted what the heck are that semicircles

I dont think will display health and ammo

Smirnoff171 said:
Does anyone know officially wut the little semi-circle thing are for around the crosshair? I've heard that they display ammo and health....but that's a rumor I think. :(
It's entirely correct; ammo and health, although it can be switched off.

Yep, they display health and ammo. They go red when you are low.

It's a great touch. The most important status information, put right where your attention is most focused. Brilliant.

Iono to me it seems to get in the way, I just like the standard crosshair, definetly turning that off, I don't mind looking 6 inches down towards the HUD. :LOL:

Hey, as long as Valve gives us the option of turning it on or off, I'm fine. I'll first have it on, and see if it works out or not, but I just like the idea so much that I think I'll work just fine.

I think it's a great feature. I'm playing through Far Cry right now and I have a tendancy to run out of ammo. No ammo = dead me. It'll be nice not to have to search for the ammo readout.

wow I never even noticed it before right now. Thats a pretty good idea.

I like the way Valve is able to take something as simple as a crosshair and innovate it to something like that. It really is quite useful once you think of it.

At the same time, you'd have to be pretty fecking lazy to not just move your eye in an .001 mm arc to look at your ammo.

I love how the HEV suit used to say "Ammunition Depleted". It was like one of those "oh sh1t" moments.

ah the circles show YOU ammo and health
I thiought it shows the ammo and health of the enemy
in that case maybe will be good
pardon my stupidity

agreed. It must be as you said, unless it comes to pass that it isn't.

You know how HL had those red flashes when you got hit from a certain place? That's what those do too.

Does it only display stuff when you're shooting? In tunnels when he's shooting the manhack with the pistol, the semi-circle on the right flashes. I should check some of my vids again to see if it's always like that, 'cuz I've only noticed it flash on tunnels.

I don't know of a semi-circle thing. Mind taking a picture and attaching it?

I'd keep the semi-circle crosshair and remove the HUD (I hope you can remove the HUD). That way it'll be much better, although I wouldn't exactly know how much ammo I have in stock or weather my HEV is charged up.

lans said:
I'd keep the semi-circle crosshair and remove the HUD (I hope you can remove the HUD). That way it'll be much better, although I wouldn't exactly know how much ammo I have in stock or weather my HEV is charged up.

I think you can already do this in Half-Life 2 but I'm just guessing since in Half-Life 1 you can disable the HUD and It'll keep the crosshair on.

Wiseman said:
Does it only display stuff when you're shooting? In tunnels when he's shooting the manhack with the pistol, the semi-circle on the right flashes. I should check some of my vids again to see if it's always like that, 'cuz I've only noticed it flash on tunnels.

I believe the flashing is him either reloading, or getting a health pack.

Wow, this is the first I hear of this. Wow, this is a pretty neat touch imo.

Back