hl2:deathmatch or cs: source whats your pick?

B

beastoftheeast

what do think is better cs source or halflife 2 deathmatch?

Would you like me to add a poll?

And HL2DM obviously, since it's actually faster than my gran attempting to bunnyhop irl

:p

ComradeBadger said:
Would you like me to add a poll?

And HL2DM obviously, since it's actually faster than my gran attempting to bunnyhop irl

:p
I wonder why Comrade Badger would think that? Hmmm... :p

Anyway I prefer CSS at the moment, since I'm pretty good at it, and HL2: DM lags a tad, so I get annoyed.

Nice thread.

I dig the speed of CSS as opposed to HL2 Deathmatch. And until I finish up my CTF map for HL2 Team Play, then CSS will be my choice. Teams, objectives are the coolest and go a long way to making the game more interesting.

Timech

hl2dm > cs:s any day of the week. i play both but cs:s is SO SLOWW!!!!! i hate camping somewhere for 10 minutes only to die from some other camper seeing you first lol. hl2mp kinda fun but is still infested with "newcomers" so its not that great. i hate the people who just throw shit around.

Well you are asking the question in the deathmatch forum... heheh

I like deathmatch better. But I honestly think CS:S is a better game. (If you were to compare facts and such)

It's just that I've played CS:S wayyyy too much.

cs at the moment - Deathmatch will be far better however once maps are released and everyone gets used to the tools and there are review sites and tutorials, etc...

i kinda go back and forth, if i play one for too long, ill have a hankering to play the other. both rock imo

s3pReMiSis said:
hl2mp kinda fun but is still infested with "newcomers" so its not that great. i hate the people who just throw shit around.

The whole point in it is to throw shit around u spaz, if u wanna big gun battle play CS:S

Jimmo said:
The whole point in it is to throw shit around u spaz, if u wanna big gun battle play CS:S
No, the point is to kill your opponant.

And I agree with seprem, it's ****ing annoying to be bouncing around lockdown with 200/100 and the shotgun.. only to be taken out by 1337_killa who has -3 kills for 21 deaths with a table.

Anyway, CS:S is utter tripe imo, it's too slow. It's crouching and aiming, no fun. No movement tricks, nothing. Dull. And 'teamplay'. I'm afraid I've never seen 'teamplay' in CS. Ever. :p

I like both games, but I am beginning to prefer CS:Source. I found that too many 'n00bs' where just getting lucky kills with the magnums and projectiles on HL2DM. Was annoying me too much.

HL2DM is too spammy, just run around spam stuff at enemies, or shoot enemies with no cohesion or purpose. Obviously that is what DM is, but the world has grown out of DM long ago, team games is where it is at. CS:S is a very good team game, it also rewards the thinking player.

I'd have to choose HL2DM because my memory isnt good enough and doesnt crash as much as CS:Source. Also because my temporary graphics card (FX 5200) doesn't like CS:Source either. :)

i have to say hl2dm because i hate waiting around if i die in css. and in most of the custom maps, which i usually play, the physicas objects are less prevalent so there are more skill kills than lucky ones.

CS:S

U actually need some skill in this one so ^^

rpgprog said:
i have to say hl2dm because i hate waiting around if i die in css. and in most of the custom maps, which i usually play, the physicas objects are less prevalent so there are more skill kills than lucky ones.

Thats the maps fault, not CS:S's (I mean the physics)

hl2dm needs more levels, and some bots. then maybe for me it might rival css

HL2DM, because I can't stand the realism crap. I play hl2dm at least a half hour every day. :)

Alieni² said:
Thats the maps fault, not CS:S's (I mean the physics)

i was talking bout HL2DM, and I know its the maps fault. But i was saying that if you play the custom maps, the lag is less, which is a good thing.

Half-LIfe 2: Deathmatch by far. I just dislike Couter-Strike: Source a whole hell of a lot.

Both the same.
Both are fun, but both need improvements, like new maps.
Custom maps are fun too, but aren't never played a lot.

I'm going to have to choose CounterStrike: Source over HL2 DM. I really like the map layouts in CS:S plus there is a much bigger variety of standard maps. :E

Also, I've noticed that CS:S runs much faster than HL2 DM? Because I normally get 50-60 FPS in 1024x768 with everything maxxed except water. But in HL2 DM my FPS is around 30 in 800x600. :frown:

HL2Dm is unrealistically fast paced unlike CSS which is much more realistic.

Zeus said:
HL2Dm is unrealistically fast paced unlike CSS which is much more realistic.

HL2DM isn't supposed to be realistic. It's futuristic. Unless they have invented gravity guns. hmm...***ssians.

but it is gay that your have to wait, but it gives u more of a reason to survive, and not run around like a cock in hl2dm.The maps r crap at the mo, but it has huge potential

dj v said:
but it is gay that your have to wait, but it gives u more of a reason to survive, and not run around like a cock in hl2dm.The maps r crap at the mo, but it has huge potential

CS:S strategy = don't show your face first ;)

Ugly_Jim said:
CS:S strategy = don't show your face first ;)
def, camp and wait for someone to get to you and then snipe their heads off

psh your new fancy pants city slicker source mods frighten and confuse me. tfc all the way

i cant really choose between them but more of my friends play css so i play that more.

Defintely CSS. I loathe HL2:DM. It is way too fast and people only throw things. It would be much more fun if they slowed down the speed and made it so you had to go and find the gravity gun. If that were the case then people would use some other weapons.

ComradeBadger said:
No, the point is to kill your opponant.

And I agree with seprem, it's ****ing annoying to be bouncing around lockdown with 200/100 and the shotgun.. only to be taken out by 1337_killa who has -3 kills for 21 deaths with a table.

Anyway, CS:S is utter tripe imo, it's too slow. It's crouching and aiming, no fun. No movement tricks, nothing. Dull. And 'teamplay'. I'm afraid I've never seen 'teamplay' in CS. Ever. :p

You've never been in a clan in CS?

rpgprog said:
def, camp and wait for someone to get to you and then snipe their heads off

Camping is one strategy but it definetely sucks the most. Usually (well in high skill games like clanmatches and so on) when u sit still and someone runs behind a corner the camper is more likely gonna die since its harder to hit the moving target + when u crouch u more likely get shot to head.

believe the experience

well ive just started playing both recently(i got the game on rel day btw) and at the mo i play hl2:dm,its gr8 fun at the start but once you hit the 2nd round of the same bloody maps it gets old very fast + the smg is ridicuosly useless with the grav gun being a wee bit too powerful,the only real objective is to get the rocket launcher on both maps and everyone learns the tactics of blockin spawn pts and blocking the stairs on lockdown + their is loadsa dickheads banging on about how shit every1 is,also the pace is too much at times.

cs for a noob like me is very intimidating + the hit calculation seems way off at times maybe a lag issue but my ping is alway between 30-65 so that shouldnt be it,also waitin sucks as do campers,although i always like watchin the finally terrorist and ct huntin each other.

mortey said:
Defintely CSS. I loathe HL2:DM. It is way too fast and people only throw things. It would be much more fun if they slowed down the speed and made it so you had to go and find the gravity gun. If that were the case then people would use some other weapons.
Don't play much do you :p

The gravgun is pointless these days, too easy to counter :)

Anyway, yes, I've played in a CS clan.. it's still utter chaos.. just organised rushing :)

Oh, and don't call for DM to be slowed down, it's too slow for me as it is.

nutcrackr said:
HL2DM is too spammy, just run around spam stuff at enemies, or shoot enemies with no cohesion or purpose. Obviously that is what DM is, but the world has grown out of DM long ago, team games is where it is at. CS:S is a very good team game, it also rewards the thinking player.
Are you calling DM unskilled or does not require much of thinking? If so, that's very intuitive of you.......NOT

Yay, I missed CS vs [insertrandomDMgamenamehere] flame wars.

hey badger, do you know any good europe based DM servers? With good I mean skill level wise :).

cant wait to play both. quick question. when does dod source come out?

Back