hl2 delays , final explanation!! (speculation)

Reaction score
hl2 delays , final explanation!!

Ok, i was wandering around on the net untill i saw this pop-up popping up ( doh ).. on gamespot.com

it containd a review about the new geforce 6600GT.. high performance more performance than a 9800pro.. and only 199 dollars.
but that wasn't the point.

During the interview they said , the card will be released soon in november.. NOVEMBER.. thats right.

so.. some of you might get the clue, for who that don't...

valvE made a deal with Ati,( remember the slogans.. ) i think Nvidia has one with valvE too now. because why would they make a sub $200 card, released it the time hl2 is coming available. with high end performances. it has the power to run hl2 flawlessy, i think this is even a better strategy instead of the one that Ati pulled off.

Good card for hl2. $199 to be exact , And as some might know that have studied economics. When have a larger quantity of a product the prize drops. i think its a STUNT.
and they take the the risc , and will create a few milions of these beasts. so it will be very atractive for people to buy such a card.
For people that can't or dont want to pay $400 for a Xt/6800

It all makes sence doesn't it?.

The game hasn't been delayed yet. A third party analyst who has nothing to do with Valve or Vivendi predicted a November release of the game.

The game should be hitting release candidate stage in eight days. Once this happens it shouldn't be too long before it goes gold. And if all goes well we should have a release before November.

Moved to R & S

nope it doesn't

they already have a deal with ati they won't do it with nvidia at the same time. think of it

clicking half life 2 icon
starting up
vivendi message
sierra message
get in the gam ati message
the way its ment to be played nvidia message

and seciond thing, do you have prove the card runs half life 2 flawlessy and i mean on 1280x1024 @ min

ofcourse it does,

thats the good part of it when you are looking trough the prespective of nvidia Ati doesn't has a clue ;)

And, it DOESN'T beat the 256 MB version of the 9800 Pro, which, with AA and AT on, will run HL2 much better.

InZaneFlea said:
And, it DOESN'T beat the 256 MB version of the 9800 Pro, which, with AA and AT on, will run HL2 much better.

Benchmarks ?

Back