HL2 demo consol commands and such

D

Droc

Got the HL2 demo....no game till mid janurary for me.

beat the demo, want to play around with it more....weapons, items, enemies.

I tried using the cheats to play around with the weapons, but when i try and load a weapon, it crashes the game. I can load shotgun and SMG ammo, but thats about it.
Whats other weapons are usable in the demo?

How do I use consol to get more magnum ammo? I wanna run through the demo doing headshots only and crap like that.

I haven't seen the demo yet (I dont really plan to), but i am just wondering what's in it? For the ammo, try enabling cheats (sv_cheats 1), and then typing impulse 101.

Only 2 levels, Insertion Point and the entire Ravenhelm.

lordbotulor said:
I haven't seen the demo yet (I dont really plan to), but i am just wondering what's in it? For the ammo, try enabling cheats (sv_cheats 1), and then typing impulse 101.
don't tri that! you'll get crashed!

Kakashi623 said:
Only 2 levels, Insertion Point and the entire Ravenhelm.
not the ENTIRE raven holm what about the grave yard part? it ends before you even get to the grave yard!

quit; restart; kill; ai_disable....those are the only ones i can think of that'll work

I thought that the Ravenholm part in the demo ends when you meet Father Gregori.

So its got the whole "welcom to c17 trainstation thing, point insertion, and most of ravenholm, eh. Thats like 2 hours of gameplay right there. If only it had been out earlier...but that doesnt really matter, now does it?

As for the weapons thing, I would imagine that the models for the weapons not in the demo would be excluded, resulting in the crash of the game. My advice would be to bear it out for another few days till you get the whole game.

Dasparov said:
quit; restart; kill; ai_disable....those are the only ones i can think of that'll work

all these work: (also the below is what i have in my exec fun.cfg)

sv_cheats 1
give weapon_physcannon
give weapon_shotgun
give weapon_smg1
give weapon_pistol
give weapon_crowbar
give item_healthkit
give item_healthvial
give item_box_buckshot
give item_box_mrounds
give item_box_srounds
give item_battery
give item_suit
bind ";" "ch_createjeep"
bind "i" "ent_setname burn; wait; ent_fire burn ignite"
bind "z" "npc_create_equipment weapon_smg1; wait; npc_create npc_combine_s"
bind "x" "npc_create npc_vortigaunt"
bind "c" "npc_create npc_antlion"
bind "v" "npc_create npc_manhack"
bind "b" "npc_create_equipment weapon_shotgun; wait; wait; npc_create npc_citizen"
bind "n" "npc_create_equipment weapon_smg1; wait; wait; npc_create npc_citizen"
bind "m" "npc_create npc_fastzombie"
bind "," "npc_create npc_poisonzombie"
bind "." "npc_create npc_zombie"
bind "/" "ai_disable"
bind "'" "ent_remove"
physcannon_maxmass 100000
physcannon_tracelength 10000
sv_infinite_aux_power 1

Back