HL2 DM on Dialup!!!

SFPL1

Reaction score
As u have guessed I have a dial up line. I have not completed my HL2 DM download. I was wandering would this take long to complete the download? Would there be much point as am unsure of my PING rate, would it be worth wile when playing, should I consider a Broad band connection.
Up to this point I still have not played on the net against other people, am I missing much?

It will take quite a while to download. The time remaining is probably accurate.

There's not a lot of point getting it, unless you don't pay for calls to your ISP.

It may be playable (just), but it really would be worth investing in a broadband connection, since it's pretty cheap now (in the UK anyway).

You're missing a lot by not playing on the net with others, and as good mods come out you'll be missing more and more.

True. You're much safer with broadband if you're going to play MP, on virtually any game, especially for HL2 Deathmatch.

I play regularly against someone on dial-up (I'm on high-speed) and he's reliably in the top 3 on the server. I think you just get used to it, and learn to compensate. Try it out, see how you feel.

I don't think the switch to high-speed will improve one's game drastically.

K.

Back