HL2 ending

G

Gajdycz

i just realized, how can gordon save the world almost single handedly, i mean, i eithe r that or he blows a lot of stuff up

They for shure not reveal to much from Half-Life, spoiling everything for HL3.

Gman will hold a spech for you and then bring forth the rubbah glowe.. nah

Gajdycz said:
i just realized, how can gordon save the world almost single handedly, i mean, i eithe r that or he blows a lot of stuff up

He does not do it by himself, he as an army of citizens.

I'm confident he doesn't even save the world =p (wasn't his mission in HL1 either). Otherwise HL3 wouldn't be as good as a sequel if the world was already saved ;p

he is only in city 17 and reading the plot summary the combine have spread across earth along with the xen aliens, i get so mad when people think xen aliens and combine are the same...they arnt....the combine is there to fight the xen aliens

what would really suck is a cliff hanger ending.. i pay 50+ bucks for a game and i don't care for it to leave me hangin and have me wait for like 5 more years..

"... expect another cliff hanger ending" From PCGamer's Valve interview. Sorry to break your bubble...

Answer: he'll do it the same way he did it the first time, only better.

LOL best thread ever.. well I bet that gordon just uses his magic.

OnboardError said:
merc knows the endding to the game :p he played it...

For some reason, I highly doubt that.

In any case, don't expect there to be any major resolution. If you have accomplished such a thing, then you're only gonna be told about it in HL3.

shadow6899 said:
ummmmmm read the forums much?? jess even confirmed that merc did sooo pwned??

He was referring to Merc knowing the ending, not if Merc played HL2...

The last 45 mins? I don't remember reading that.

Gordon will kill some big monster/strider looking thing and get another job, enter HL3.

Bah, there will be no monster! Gordon is obviously taking down the tower!!

Gordon can save the world because he has a crowbar. And crowbars solve all problems, end of story.

No, I highly doubt that Valve went up to merc and said "Hey, wanna play the end of the game?". Valve and merc are not the bestest buddies, and I find it hard to swallow that they just allowed him to play the end of the game on his second visit. That kind of information/gameplay isn't just handed out like free candy to people who barely know Valve.

So I think there are three possibilities:

1.) Valve went all stupid and allowed merc to play the end.

2.) Valve lied to merc.

3.) Merc is lying.

Absinthe said:
So I think there are three possibilities:

1.) Valve went all stupid and allowed merc to play the end.

2.) Valve lied to merc.

3.) Merc is lying.

4.) Merc was allowed to playtest it, and the end may have only recently been finished, so it'd require playtesting.

Tbh, I look forward to a cliffhanger ending, I love the suspense. That's why I found HL1's ending to be quite good.

Citizen 1150421 said:
what would really suck is a cliff hanger ending.. i pay 50+ bucks for a game and i don't care for it to leave me hangin and have me wait for like 5 more years..

It wont be five more years to wait though. The only reason HL2 took this long was because they had to build the Source engine from scratch. After HL2 they'll still have Source, so I'm sure there will be less development time needed for HL3.

its a "will gordon loose his fight against the combine? will barny still be alive to ware womens panties?, you will know in hl3" .. and that the seconth before you found out about some evil race that wants to slice and dice you leaving you up into exitement without the satisfaction of a good ending

or the dictionary.com way

cliff·hang·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klfhngr)
n.

1. A melodramatic serial in which each episode ends in suspense.
2. A suspenseful situation occurring at the end of a chapter, scene, or episode.
3. A contest so closely matched that the outcome is uncertain until the end.

cliffhanger

n 1: a contest whose outcome is uncertain up to the very end 2: an episode that ends in suspense

Maybe gordon plants a nuke at the base of the tower and strap dr breen to it. That would make me a happy man.

no that would be a crappy end :( . . . thats half-life man :D

in hl2 he will save the world and become a pop star, hl3 will be like a Gordons dance beat:D:p

no , at the end of h-l2 gordon will be headcrabbed turn into a zombie then into a gonome then into . . . . . . . . . . . and when he becomes a gonarch . . . . . im talkin shit :(

Mr.SqueeZ said:
in hl2 he will save the world and become a pop star, hl3 will be like a Gordons dance beat:D:p

Eleet! :afro:

In a gaming world full of dissapointing endings, I know HL2's ending will be wicked because the story looks like it's solid as a rock, I know they'll be twists and turns, can't wait.

And if there arent, ill be paying Valve a visit with my crowbar.

I bet it involves a bomb,

or time traveling

or robots

or like an exploding time traveling robot.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
In a gaming world full of dissapointing endings, I know HL2's ending will be wicked because the story looks like it's solid as a rock, I know they'll be twists and turns, can't wait.

Rgr.

Xeni said:
And if there arent, ill be paying Valve a visit with my crowbar.

You go ahead and do that sir.

Andy said:
I bet it involves a bomb,

or time traveling

or robots

or like an exploding time traveling robot.

Eleet x2. :afro:

lol.

nihilanth is the end-boss of half-life 2

The end boss is robo barney with a gun that shoot headcrabs with grenades on them.

maybe their wont be a boss . . maybe it just ends after a mission , then the g-man appears and teleports you to xen .

Back