HL2 finally cracked?

Lunacy Fringe

Reaction score
It would appear that teh hackers finally created a working half life 2???? Can anyone else verify this?

yes, there are like 3 working releases. BTW, it was cracked the hour it went online...

Lunacy Fringe said:
It would appear that teh hackers finally created a working half life 2???? Can anyone else verify this?
why would you want to know. just buy it, then you wouldn't need a crack.

Of course it has been cracked..has been since release.

BladeTurbo said:
Rumour has it that the crack runs better than the released version for people with the 'stutter' problem but this is unconfirmed. It's also rumoured that the crack uses a Steam emulator that doesn't require you to have a Steam account or go online at all. Again, This is all rumours but the crack is arousing interest even in legit users who don't like the whole Steam thing.

is this allowed in the forum? i figured this would be closed by now - dont pirate.

dogboy73 said:
Rumour has it that the crack runs better than the released version for people with the 'stutter' problem but this is unconfirmed. It's also rumoured that the crack uses a Steam emulator that doesn't require you to have a Steam account or go online at all. Again, This is all rumours but the crack is arousing interest even in legit users who don't like the whole Steam thing.
hmm, makes me think.

dogboy73 said:
my god, if that's the case valve is going to have a shit load of problems! Can't believe this....

Well I bought the game and I will be downloading because I can't get my HL2 to work offline. I did everything and the damn thing still won't play in offline mode.

MrWynd said:
is this allowed in the forum? i figured this would be closed by now - dont pirate.
I think discussion about it, is alright. Of course not discussion on how, but discussion on piracy in general.

klevo said:
yes, there are like 3 working releases. BTW, it was cracked the hour it went online...
No it wasn't :LOL: . I wonder if Pirates will ever have the full working version. There was a rumour of bootleg version launched by Valve -
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/17/225205&tid=172&tid=10, but so far no solid evidence on working cracked version.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: !!!Go Valve!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

There are three releases of warez groups currently, and a patch for them that fixes the AI issue there was.

As for the warez version running better, this is what matters. That's true, but it's logical, because it runs without steam. And, the stuttering problem is gone. Guess what? Anyone can do this. I played for 2 hours with Steam, was getting the stuttering, etc. The next day before playing, I de-steamed my game. Result? No more stuttering, and better FPS, and the ability to up my settings a bit.

Solver said:
I de-steamed my game. Result? No more stuttering, and better FPS, and the ability to up my settings a bit.

OK I'll bite... how do you "de-steam" the game?

ROFL - you don't know much about pirating and warez groups if you think they couldn't crack it yet or the versions are not working or they have missing AI...

Full - HL2_French
Half Life 2 (Retail) [5 CDS)
Half-Life 2 Full
Half-Life 2 EMPORiO Fix
Half-Life 2 (No steam Fix)
OST - Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 All Access Cheat
Half-Life 2_German

All of these are on usenets with every other game that has ever been released :angry: . Games will ALWAYS be pirated so dont worry about it and just buy the game :)

Also - Microsoft and a few other companies are working on blue laser cds and burners that will hold many gigs of space and offer much better protection (possibly eliminating pirating of retail cds for a while)... we'll see how that goes :p

Keep your liquid coolant systems below 100ºC.

You won't get any help here, that's not allowed.

Chronos said:
No it wasn't :LOL: . I wonder if Pirates will ever have the full working version. There was a rumour of bootleg version launched by Valve -
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/17/225205&tid=172&tid=10, but so far no solid evidence on working cracked version.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: !!!Go Valve!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hahahahhahahahaha........

Of course there is a cracked playable version out there.

I know someone who downloaded it...and I was downloading it too, just to see how it works and such....It DOES exist, and it does work...

dogboy73 said:
Rumour has it that the crack runs better than the released version for people with the 'stutter' problem but this is unconfirmed.
Nope. It's an engine problem.

All HL2 releases are reported as 'nuked' by nforce. The fact that there have been so many HL3 releases is testiment to the fact that they're not running correctly. VALVe does seem to have done their best to deter piraters.

f|uke said:
All HL2 releases are reported as 'nuked' by nforce. The fact that there have been so many HL3 releases is testiment to the fact that they're not running correctly. VALVe does seem to have done their best to deter piraters.
I'd say Half-life 2 held out from being cracked anout one hours longer than most games, at least here in sweden.

f|uke said:
i like your sig, when Barney said that, i laughed my a** off.

Unfortunately, I've seen with my own eyes someone running HL2 without the need of steam or a CD

DO NOT ASK ME FOR DETAILS, SINCE I DIDN'T ASK OR WANT TO KNOW HOW HE DID IT

But I can say for sure that it is completely possible for warez jerks to play HL2 without a CD or Steam......very disappointing.... :(

T

thank you for the explanation on de-Steaming it...

i wanted to play it at my friend's house, and i wasn't sure how i was gonna. he has his comp hooked up to a VERY nice projector in a kickass home theater, and since HL2 supports 16:9 natively.....

the problem was that he doesn't have internet.

I'm thinking tommorows update will handle the shudder prob for good, just wondering if there will be any FPS gains and why would Steam being open effect your FPS enough to be noticeable...

Baal said:
hahahahhahahahaha........

Of course there is a cracked playable version out there.

:flame: Glad to see you are so happy about it. :flame:
Just kidding, man.

BTW, I take my words back. There is a warez version.

I am sorry, [OBVIOUS MODE = ON]but if you are not a developer, you have little or no idea how hard it is to develop a game like this. I mean, you can think that you know, but trust me, you don't (if you have no programming experience). The whole TWEAKING of the engine to optimize every tiny bit of it so it can run on lower-end machines is a titanic job that requires tons of time[OBVIOUS MODE = OFF] and health, too.

It's just sad that things like that happen. The fact that "there is a game, there is a crack" is OBVIOUS, as you all like to state, but that doesn't make it RIGHT that this should happen..

I just hope Valve did some good work on the protection, because there are signs that warez versions are not in perfect working condition, and perhaps it will be quite a pain to play. On the other hand, let's wait for the sales charts and see how well had the game done.

All Pirates should have there balls ripped off and fed to the dogs!!!

Well, yeah, but the problem is broader than that. The prices on the games are really high, part of it due to Publishers' cut (I won't point fingers here, but it's Vivendi :D ). Anyhow, this won't be solved today or tomorrow, but STEAM distribution is the first step in the direction of re-routing the process to go around the publisher, and maybe, just maybe, games would go cheaper.

Another problem is different levels of income in different countries. In Russia, you cannot usually afford $50-$60 game. So I heard that local publishers there are selling it for about 700 roubles, which is about $23, which is still pretty high for Russia.

Swift said:
All Pirates should have there balls ripped off and fed to the dogs!!!

Or play fetch with them. You've probably pirated software before just not this game so get off your cloud asshole before throwing any stones.

Chronos said:
In Russia, you cannot usually afford $50-$60 game. So I heard that local publishers there are selling it for about 700 roubles, which is about $23, which is still pretty high for Russia.

In most cases here in Russia, the prices for Games WITH ORIGINAL LICENSES are between 150 and 250 Rubels (5 - 9 Dollar). Some games sell for 800-1100 Rubels, but this is really an exception.
Pirated copies normally sell for 60-80 (2 - 3$) Rubels per Disk. And zou can find them in nearly every shop.

I just bought HL2 on DVD (250 Rubels) here. But although on the cover is says "licence for all CIS... etc etc", the game runs without Steam-access and the way it is "translated" and how the installation is done... it most probable is a pirated copy!
Although you don't need to install the crack yourself... it nearly looks licensed!

Does anybody know if there is an official distributer for Russia? At least there are russian-language files in the resource dirs.

Dietrich

Man good times in russia. I'd go and load up on software then distribute it among the homeless.

Dietrich you could always download it through steam for the full legit version. But without a high speed connecton that'd probably be really slow :-/

BladeTurbo said:

Now first i own the game and got it the day it came out. But if a crack comes out that lets me still patch the game in some way i will still use the crack.

This is for three reasons:

1: i have two pc's and only one has a modem (can i play CSS without the modem?)

2: why go on the net every time you install the game when you can go on one time, download a program and never worry again.

3: I dont want to play with a dvd in the drive

Dont get me wrong, i love VALVe and will buy whatever SP game they release after this. if you dont have it, buy it, you know you owe it to VALVe (although they only get $7 of retail, so go steam)

Shady said:
ROFL - you don't know much about pirating and warez groups if you think they couldn't crack it yet or the versions are not working or they have missing AI...

Full - HL2_French
Half Life 2 (Retail) [5 CDS)
Half-Life 2 Full
Half-Life 2 EMPORiO Fix
Half-Life 2 (No steam Fix)
OST - Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 All Access Cheat
Half-Life 2_German

All of these are on usenets with every other game that has ever been released :angry: . Games will ALWAYS be pirated so dont worry about it and just buy the game :)

Also - Microsoft and a few other companies are working on blue laser cds and burners that will hold many gigs of space and offer much better protection (possibly eliminating pirating of retail cds for a while)... we'll see how that goes :p

Sorry but you don't too, these release dont start at suprnova they start off on a ftp server by a release group.. Then the release spreads though FTPs and IRC channels.. After a while some nub seeds a release on suprnova without the release name so its kind of hard to tell what version/group release it is. And the AI wasnt working until recently as a group released a fix for it..
But thats not the point they should have used some system like WON for at lest the online games because thats stopped people authing the key local doesnt work because that can be cracked..

And yes i brought hl2 brought on steam..

Also you find not all the time but some the release is leaked by a beta player/someone with a promotional copy..

Chronos said:
No it wasn't :LOL: . I wonder if Pirates will ever have the full working version.
Uh, yes it was. It's not exactly perfect, but it certainly works and is complete-able.

I at least want a NO-CD crack because most games I use them on, run better because it doesn't have to search the CD for certain files that I copied from the CD onto the original directory folder.

if i were valve...id be hiring some of these warez coders and hackers (think about that one for a second)

Hiring them to do what?

You can not prevent piracy. There's nothing you can do to prevent the cracking of a locally-installed game. What Valve did succeed in doing (that no other developer has achieved) is stopping piracy before the game is released.

Back