hl2 games not working

B

bennyy

my half life 2 games, hl2 and cs:s arent working. it is freezing in the middle of the game and coming up with these error messages.

Failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer

and

The instruction at "0x7e1f9af3" reference memory at "0x7dc48950". The memory could not be "read"

I have been to technical forums to see if it is my computer that is the problem. After many tests and demo performances later, we found out that it is not. If you require to read what went on here it is:

http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=11,333295,,10

I was wondering if there is any special tweaks or anything that you need to do to get this game going. If someone can help me i will be very grateful

such an error's solution is in the help section i think. pls post there

Vertex buffer

The reason your games keep freezing is because you don't have high enough Graphics memory. You can buy graphics cards or (video) cards on tigerdirect.com for a reasonable price. If you are going to buy one don't buy a 128mb one buy either a 256mb or 512mb. The problem is its not buffering the vertex pixels which go like diagonal and have gradient color and high textures.

dunno maybe your graphics card (not directx other one like ATI for example) is screwing up or not good enough

Back