HL2 gold tommorw cs nation resports

Also, no-one decides that a game is going gold on a certain day. When it happens, it happens. There's too much that can go wrong in the meantime.

I wonder if Vivendi suddenly shisened their panties since Halo 2 is gold? I know no direct competition blah blah, but the fact is the console market is destroying the PC market. Does Vivendi have any interest in keeping the PC market a profitable enterprise? I've seen marketing forecasts for the PC industry for games and it's not very pretty.

We need a saviour, literally. Half-Life 2 is good but there needs to be more. Now if only Blizzard would extract the digit and start working on what everyone wants, Starcraft 2 RTS and Diablo 3....or maybe even something new. Mein gott!

Yes..interesting. I'm sure Vivendi are keenly aware of the threat of console games on PC games. Halo 2 gold may very well have been the catalyst for Vivendi to pack up and say "right **** this half-life 2 gold tomorrow"

Mr-Fusion said:
I wonder if Vivendi suddenly shisened their panties since Halo 2 is gold? I know no direct competition blah blah, but the fact is the console market is destroying the PC market. Does Vivendi have any interest in keeping the PC market a profitable enterprise? I've seen marketing forecasts for the PC industry for games and it's not very pretty.

Halo 2's just been screwed by the warez wankers. Like Half-Life 2, it'll be spoilers aplenty all over the net from now until release.

That'll harm it's anticipation curve when you inevitably see the muppets start harming other people's potential enjoyment through getting a kick out of revealing the story.

:(

Concept said:
Halo 2's just been screwed by the warez wankers. Like Half-Life 2, it'll be spoilers aplenty all over the net from now until release.
It doesn't apply to Halo 2 in the same way that it would apply to Half-Life 2. First, you can't just download Halo 2 and go. It's a bit more complicated than that with console warez (it involves actual hardware modifications, installing a new dashboard, etc... as well as knowing where to find the XBox DVD images). Second, the console gaming market is literally 10 times as large as the high-end PC gaming market... so they can afford a loss of some sales to warez. Third, most of the people that can't wait to play Halo 2 will never see any spoilers that do get released because they probably don't spend nearly as much time on the Internet looking for information regarding Halo 2... compared to us.

Don't forget that in order to play a burner warez version of Halo 2, you have to have a modded Xbox. Funny that Microsoft calls the act of modding an Xbox illegal. Owning software that you have not purchased may be illegal, but you have the perfect right to do whatever you want to the Xbox itself. Wankers..

Anway, I think the Gold announcement is for real. They are just giving themselves time to gear up the website content and build up for some fantastic announcement party. Someone on the inside obviously did a bit of talking before he was supposed to. You know how those engineers are. Bunch of chatty Cathys if you ask me.

Let's hope this rumors a keeper. If it is then it will be the first one to be true.

OCybrManO said:
It doesn't apply to Halo 2 in the same way that it would apply to Half-Life 2. First, you can't just download Halo 2 and go. It's a bit more complicated than that with console warez (it involves actual hardware modifications, installing a new dashboard, etc... as well as knowing where to find the XBox DVD images). Second, the console gaming market is literally 10 times as large as the high-end PC gaming market... so they can afford a loss of some sales to warez. Third, most of the people that can't wait to play Halo 2 will never see any spoilers that do get released because they probably don't spend nearly as much time on the Internet looking for information regarding Halo 2... compared to us.

yeah it's really difficult ... modchip and u are done :)
and it's no problem to get all the latest xbox or ps2 backups...all you need is a dvd burner.and btw. it saves u a lot of money if you actually work for your money

OCybrManO said:
Second, the console gaming market is literally 10 times as large as the high-end PC gaming market...
Perhaps the console market is, taking into account the big three along with older consoles like the original Playstation, the N64, and the Game Boy line. However, the XBox market by itself isn't much larger than the PC games market. You have to compare apples to apples.

It's also curious that you specified the "high-end PC gaming market". What about those of us with comparatively modest rigs? Do we figure into your analysis?

I call fake.

Sierra doesn't exist. any source that knows HL2's status knows that as well. Sierra is a name only.

Mountain Man said:
It's also curious that you specified the "high-end PC gaming market". What about those of us with comparatively modest rigs? Do we figure into your analysis?
Would I want to include computers that can barely run Minesweeper or Solitaire if I were talking about HL2 sales? No.

A2597 said:
I call fake.

Sierra doesn't exist. any source that knows HL2's status knows that as well. Sierra is a name only.

Yea man, your right. There is no more Sierra. Good call :thumbs:

Don't believe every thing you hear or read!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Back