HL2 got 9.2 from gamespot

hmm, expected higher, based off other reviews. will read now - thanks :)

edit:well as if 9.2 aint high :dozey:

edit: wait a minute!! where is it??!!

where? i see halo 2, no half life 2 though

What in the hell are you talking about?
I don't see anything.

Um...are you feeling ok? Not, like, feverish or anything, right?

It's not on the list. Review isn't due for another hour.

theres nothing there about it in editors choice, we have an hour

Damn gamespot, they removed it. It was at editors choice, let me see if I can find the page on my browser cache.

No Half-Life 2 visible on the link that you have posted.
Just wait till 3PM EST.

lol someone released it early, then realised their mistake :D

They did the same for halo 2. The score was posted on editors choice for like 5 mins or so, then they removed it.

Anyway - you'll see in an hour. If it didn't recieve 9.2, I'll admit ownage.
Unfortunately, it's not on my cache.

I expected better but its a good score nonetheless.

HL2 = Far Cry, damn! I always thought it would score better than Far Cry....

hey thanks a lot jerkface, like i really wanted to hear it from some nerd on a forum.

you coulda at least put it inside instead in the topic title.

Multiplayer and AI, I'm gonna guess that they are the things which brought it down from a million out of 10!!!!111

I want to play HL2 now, can I wake up tomorrow and it be the 25th of December?

arcy said:
hey thanks a lot jerkface, like i really wanted to hear it from some nerd on a forum.

you coulda at least put it inside instead in the topic title.

What's your problem? :|

That leaves Gamespy and IGN to go then...

9.2? Isn't that kinda low? I mean yesterday I watched the binks and these movies were still amazing? How the hell can HL2 get less then 9.3?

Even GTA SA, Halo2, Burnout 3, Ninja Gaiden get higher points...

9.2 is still good...could it have been better? Well, we'll find out for ourselves tomorrow.

the only thing i saw was 5 people telling the thread poster to "shut up the review isn't even out"

Well i know i'm probably in the minority saying this but i absolutely HATE gamespot. I dont value any of the online reviewers tbh, but GS i especially dislike, so they're opinion means nothing to me.

Well, if it's indeed 9.2, I admit it's lower than I expected. Though anything 9+ is a hands-down great score... I do expect more. Then again, in the recent months, I've found GameSpot reviews way off.

Hope it's not Greg Kasavin to review it. He's going mental.

HL2 got 9.2 cause Gamespot couldn't afford to play it :/

Hmm, from everything I've read on Half-life 2 I'm gonna have to, once again, disagree with Gamespot. But we'll see.

Guys it's at least a believeable score.

Anyway - Gamespot did do a diversion with halo 2, by first posting 9.1 and then 9.4 (again, in editor's choice). From what I've seen with my eyes - it's 9.2, however, it's not 100% confirmed, and there is a chance of the score to be higher or lower. (so it could be gamespot screwing with us)

Don't believe me if you want, but I'll say what I saw. :)

:LOL: I can't beleive some of you are actually dissapointed with a 9.2...according to Gamespot:

9.0-9.9: "Superb"
We absolutely recommend any game in this range, especially to fans of that particular genre. However, games that score in the 9 range are also well suited to new players. Games that score in this range are highly uncommon and automatically earn GameSpot's Editors' Choice Award. In practice, these games are the best of the best, so we only dole out a relatively small handful of such scores in a given year.

No reason to be pissed off at Gamespot because they didn't think Half-Life 2 was god's gift to gaming.

Gamespot is gay they give X-Box games like Burnout3 9.5....

lans said:
Guys it's at least a believeable score.

Anyway - Gamespot did do a diversion with halo 2, by first posting 9.1 and then 9.4 (again, in editor's choice). From what I've seen with my eyes - it's 9.2, however, it's not 100% confirmed, and there is a chance of the score to be higher or lower. (so it could be gamespot screwing with us)

Don't believe me if you want, but I'll say what I saw. :)
i hope you are wrong :p

EDIT :: Gamespy coverage is up....not really up
http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/halflife2/

Me too, I hope I am wrong.

But gamespot banned all users who saw the 9.2 score.

Apparently, it seems somewhat legitimate.

Back