hl2 is out on the 17th in australia (perth) anyway

I live in melbourne and its a sweet city :D, has everything you need and oh btw australia and the USA are basically the same size :p

haggie said:
I live in melbourne and its a sweet city :D, has everything you need and oh btw australia and the USA are basically the same size :p

But our habitable land area is much less thanks to the kick-ass deserts we have in the center of Australia. We tend to just live around the coast line.

Because the much of the US is in a more temporate climate it makes it possible to live just about anywhere.

Brian Damage said:
Yeah, Paraburdoo was like that for a bit I hear... things got real slow and quiet. There was even talk before we left of the hospital being shut down. I think it's picked up again recently, though.

lol actually i was talking about Wittenoom, but yeah, a lot of the towns out there seem to be getting that way.

InsaneCow said:
Are you being serious or not I cant tell. But if you are, then well done for remembering such a long name!
Yes, he is.

Although it's not a city, it's a 'place', I'm not even sure if there's a town there or not.

And I bet he just googled it and copied and pasted.

the slashed O / Ø is actually a norwegian letter. Weeee. I use it every day.

Lanthanide said:
...And I bet he just googled it and copied and pasted.

I guess he's much more intelligent than the majority of the people on the internet.
I don't remember the last time I used a search function anywhere. :LOL:

Mikademius said:
the slashed O / Ø is actually a norwegian letter. Weeee. I use it every day.
NEVERS! It's ours!

We Danish 0wned you in the viking age!

InsaneCow said:
lol actually i was talking about Wittenoom, but yeah, a lot of the towns out there seem to be getting that way.

I know. And I was talking about the way Paraburdoo was in danger of becoming the same as Wittenoom for a while there... a ghost town.

Im from Melbourne as well and its a great city. Hows Mooroolbark for a place name :p Its aboriginal for "red earth" coz of the red clay soil around the area.

This release date question is a tricky one. When people say its released at midnight 16th is that Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern American time?

Take it as Central American Time (GMT-6hours) then Midnight on the 16th Central American Time would be 2pm 16th Nov in Perth (GMT+8hours)

lol and 2pm 16th November in Perth doesnt mean youre getting it later than anyone else. Its the same time :p

Zero,

I asked EB Perth City store, same reply
"It's been knocked back to the 17th due to the worldwide release"

Ummm, ok. Officially Valve 000hrs is 1600hrs Perth time = store is still open. But I guess they have their orders from EB Aust HQ, which would be located in the East and Valve 000hrs is around 1900hrs if I'm not mistaken = store is closed.

Reagrding funny and strange city names. Try Cockburn. Although pronouced "co-burn" for some reason :cheese:

Jerbs said:
Zero,

I asked EB Perth City store, same reply
"It's been knocked back to the 17th due to the worldwide release"

Ummm, ok. Officially Valve 000hrs is 1600hrs Perth time = store is still open. But I guess they have their orders from EB Aust HQ, which would be located in the East and Valve 000hrs is around 1900hrs if I'm not mistaken = store is closed.

Reagrding funny and strange city names. Try Cockburn. Although pronouced "co-burn" for some reason :cheese:
Damn that sure as hell backfired eh?

First reports of Valve/Vivendi setting release to 16th 12AM in australia, so you get it before all others.

And now you get it a day later :(

Brian Damage said:
I know. And I was talking about the way Paraburdoo was in danger of becoming the same as Wittenoom for a while there... a ghost town.

ahh ok, dont mind me I'm in the middle of exam period ;(

FISKER_Q said:
That's not Valve's business, it's vivendi's.

But i can sum it up for you:

0:00 (12:00AM) PST
08:00 (8:00AM) GMT
09:00 (9:00AM) GMT+1
16:00 (4:00PM) GMT+8(Not in summertime)
19:00 (7:00PM) GMT+10(It's summertime, so you have to add another hour)

Sorry - I was just getting into the spirit of things by letting my idle hands do the devil's work :D

Geez and to think I used to just lurk lol

subz- said:
lol and 2pm 16th November in Perth doesnt mean youre getting it later than anyone else. Its the same time :p

You know what!? That is brilliant! i never thought of it like that!
:LOL:

wangaratta, mudgie, parramatta, wagga wagga, kakadu...... BONNIE DOON!!

hey zero is this the EB at the garden city mall? Im perth to, thats where i preordered

fantasiser said:
hey zero is this the EB at the garden city mall? Im perth to, thats where i preordered
It will be relevant to ALL Aust EB stores.

Damn...didn't know they had one at Garden City, I'm just down the road from them.
Pre-ordered with the city store as I work in the Hay St mall.

sub-z, you didnt happen to live in mooroolbark did you? I live in Lilydale which is just down the road from there. Regarding place names, isnt there a place in NZ called Fucapopo(sp?) That would have to be the funniest one ive heard.

Back