HL2 loses to Halo 2 via Steam

yeah i cant stand lamespy and ad-planet about 1/3 of the time a popup appears taking the whole screen with some ugly picture from a boring game, and some of the flash ones that load when you are actually visiting a page that are on the right or left corner (when they are automatically loading completely freeze my web browser

From what I've played of Halo 2 singleplayer so far, I'm not impressed. It's not as good as the original Halo, and simply nowhere near Half-Life 2.

Maybe Halo 2 will improve as I get further into it but I'm not convinced it will.

And why the hell have I just turned into an alien in Halo 2? And do I care about alien political/religious gibberish cutscenes? No, I don't think I do. :frown:

Quite what is popular with reviewers or even other gamers often baffles me, though. An example from a couple of years back is Metal Gear Solid 2, one of the worst games I've ever played, and I've played some real junk. Hilariously bad plot, okay-ish graphics, unintuitive controls, disjointed play-experience, constant interruptions with irritating dialogue, and so on. It's a disjointed mess. I gave it hours and hours to improve and it just got worse. Splinter Cell kicks its ass, and Splinter Cell has some real problems of its own that still remain in the sequel. I'm sure some people got some enjoyment out of MGS 2 but then some people get enjoyment out of being tied up and whipped.

Anyhow, my own game of the year would be Unreal Tournament 2004, mainly for the Onslaught multiplayer which I got addicted to for a couple of months. There's nothing like turning a losing situation in Onslaught into a winning one. :thumbs:

Half-Life 2 was pretty good as well, despite the hours I spent first decrypting it and then struggling with the stuttering. It's the closest a game has ever got to a movie, despite being too easy and linear. The ending takes teasing too far, though. Should have given us some payback by now.

doomed - uk said:
Anyhow, my own game of the year would be Unreal Tournament 2004,
(If I didn't consider UT2K4 to be an add-on to UT2K3, which it really is, then I'd say: )Aside from HL-2, definitely. The most perfect execution of an online/multiplayer game we've yet seen. I expect HL3 to have a multiplayer component of equivalent quality. :p

Who gives a damn of what GameSpy says? You can compare HL2 and Halo 2, they are both different platforms, HL2 is PC and halo 2 is Xbox. Theres no comparison. Unless both are PC or both are Xbox.

Back