HL2 Movie's Easter Egg - the many toilets of HL2

S

StormCyko

May I present to you the many toilets of HL2!: (see attachments)

Unfortunately no matter how hard I gazed into the G-Man's eyes I couldn't see a toilet there! Nor in Docks (and I assure you, I looked VERY hard - converting the bink into ~1700 .jpgs and carefully studying nearly every one of them).

Note: I'm sure this is an easter-egg rather than coincidence. There are barrels and crates in most movies too, and you have to agree that the toilets are found in some strange places yeh?

I e-mailed Gabe (and Yahn, in case Gabe clears out his entire inbox without reading thru the subject lines :p) but have received no response yet (and it seems that you're unlikely to get a reply if it isn't within the first hour or so).

Edit: removed the original URL's since I was able to attach the pictures quickly enough after the initial post.

Attachments

• toilet_barricade.jpg
    toilet_barricade.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,335
bugbait

Attachments

• toilet_bugbait.jpg
    toilet_bugbait.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,254
kleiners

Attachments

• toilet_kleinerslab.jpg
    toilet_kleinerslab.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,208
traptown

Attachments

• toilet_traptown.jpg
    toilet_traptown.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,207
tunnels

Attachments

• toilet_tunnels.jpg
    toilet_tunnels.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,179
Nice, this looks more plausible then most of the other theories :D
Very possible indeed.
In fact!. . . erm tahts about all i had to say :|]

I think it's been mentioned before but I can't think of any better suggestions.

Have you checked the entire Gamespy E3 video?

Originally posted by Feath
I think it's been mentioned before but I can't think of any better suggestions.

Have you checked the entire Gamespy E3 video?

I've only checked the videos released on steam. Feel free to add more screenies if you find any in the older E3 footage :)

If that's the easter egg I must say I'm rather disapointed... Toilets? Who cares...

Originally posted by rec
If that's the easter egg I must say I'm rather disapointed... Toilets? Who cares...

It would seem Valve is a proponent of bathroom humor

Wow picking up toilets with the manipulator and slinging them at people will be awesome...remember the bathroom fight scene in Terminator 3? Hell yes!

Is it just me, or does the Traptown picture look an awfully lot like the Half-life1 engine?

(Note: Look at the yellow/black stripes thing on the bottom left of the big bar)

By the way, great eyes. Never noticed that no-toilet thing. Of course,cant see why it would be an easter egg. Maybe it's because Gordon never had to go to the bathroom in half-life 1...

the lack of bathrooms in black mesa perhaps?
or
Toilets=>plumbing=>Valves

ahhh thats valves thing is a good idea, perhaps thats what it is, i've seen that video plenty o' times, and can't find nothing easter eggish about it, but this toilet theory is indeed worth a second look, we've got something here, as fecal smeared as it may be, its something

thats gotta be the e-egg, i doubt it to be coincidence that there is a toilet in every video. besides, remember in kleiner's lab how the camera seems focused on the toilet for longer than usual...

Originally posted by Orange
the lack of bathrooms in black mesa perhaps?
or
Toilets=>plumbing=>Valves
Makes sense to me. :)

ok first off gabe mentioned the egg being in the e3 video demo not in the other vids that are out. another thing shouldn't a e-egg be of some signifigance? something small and funny like toilet humor isn't exactly exciting nor worth keeping a secret. And who the #$%# said toilets being in wierd spots. I think it was trap town someone said that. ummm i don't see where you get that.:bounce:

I am of the opinion that there are MULTIPLE easter eggs.

my fave theory was kleiner's head in front of the valve, similar to the corporate image, the valve coming out of a man's head
:\

Yes I'm sure there are other perhaps more clever things going on in the videos too :)

Damn, I think someone finally figured it out. What are the odds there would be a toilet in every demo?

perhaps the reason why u see all the toilets crushed or removed from their position is.. uh, Gordon thought the places needed re-decorating? :rolleyes: :LOL:

and if ur the Gman, ur worried about Gordon's digestive system after he takes a look at some of the more ugly mugs in HL2? (yes aliens can look ugly ya know) and decided to have toilets all over City17 while Gordon's working for him? hehe

oh well.

Well the reason why there is so many tolits is so you can put one up and let one go with the gravity gun hahahhahahah j/k

What about the guy(I assume a scientist) who is standing on a beam in the area where those benchmark screenshots were taken?. Watch the video and you will see a guy standing up there.

Anubis

Originally posted by RoyGBiv
probably because they don't have that many prefabs.

Actually, I bet you they have more prefabs then any other game, ever.

Maybe not Morrowind.

Wow.

I think thats it. I think he found it.

If that's not an egg just for the videos...then there's far too many toilets in HL2.

Originally posted by Electrico
The easter egg is in the eyes of the characters.

No it isn't. That's just absurd. The Easter Egg isn't in any reflexions or any shapes you think you see places.

Ok here goes. First, take a look at the post that started the "easter egg"-discussion in the first place, Gabe refered to it in this dialogue:

Oiginally posted by Banana
9) Metal Gear Solid 2 (and maybe 1 i dont recall) had name tags for dead people and those names were the names of some selected fans. Have you ever thought of doing something like this (incorporating fan names) into the game somehow? If so, can i be Dead Scientist # 42 ?

There will be some surprises in the games. There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet.

So, the Easter Egg must be some reference to a nameor a person! For example the Kirchmer Post, the Venturi washing machines or whatever, perhaps some spray images on the walls.
The eye-glints thing by the way was the answer to a different question about unrevealed info, it just got mixed up with the Easter Egg cause both questions were in the same email.

Originally posted by Headwires
ur on ur last warnin aint u? :cheers:
nothing i say is against the rules.. this is a forum, a place for expressing opinion and is based on free speech, thanks.

:cheers:

Out of interest... has anyone tried looking for an "easteregg"? :D

Back