HL2 Movie's Easter Egg - the many toilets of HL2

Originally posted by el Chi
Exactly what's so speacial about toilets? How is it an easter egg? Woah, there's a toilet in almost all the videos... That doesn't really signify anything - you're in a city, so toilets aren't all that crazy a thing to see. Plus, there are boxes, barrels and crates in pretty much every video, but they're just part of the scenery...
I fail to see why toilets would hold any significance whatsoever. A couple of people mentioned this AGES ago, but most people seemed to disagree because that would be just about the strangest most meaningless easter egg ever.

Of course I couyld be wrong, but if I am I'd love for someone to explain the significance to me...

Man, are you serious? I mean a toilet in a huge blue container, a toilet in the middle of a dried seabed (ok maybe not in the middle), that must be deliberate.

Is there a toilet in the GMan Vid? lol maybe he is sitting on one! :)

Originally posted by Keeson
here is a pic of the Dune Buggy movie toilet
kinda looks like it fell from the crashed red car... :D

maybe it has something to do with the doom 3 bathroom scene

Originally posted by asd
maybe it has something to do with the doom 3 bathroom scene
sorry, but that sounds pretty stupid to me.
valve doesn't think like that.

there is a new thread that jus closed. this person said he found the EGG.

he was "it is always on screen, it is gordons hands"

i think there must be something to do with gordons hands? i haven't noticed, but that might be because we always look at the graphics and not his hands. i am goin to go check

It's some kind of twisted riddle. He's trying to drive you insane.

Originally posted by not28
It's some kind of twisted riddle. He's trying to drive you insane.

o ok... i just looked at the hands, and there is nothing wierd about them??

na i think the toilet thing is def the egg not the hands?

who ever said about the hands....what about them?

toilet? easter egg? nahh its not even fun!

easter egg shall be something fun and special, thats my view of it.

Didn't Gabe state that the egg is not in the released hi-res videos?

If you watch the Buggy movie again you will see a bird flying around upside down. :D

I think it is possible that this is the easter egg and could be a joke about FPS games in general. Think back over the FPS games and there are so many that have toilet areas in them. In fact almost every FPS has other then ones like Battlefield and i think the Jedi knight series (although not the dark force series becase the original did have tiolets)

Maybe it is trying to be the game with the most tiolets in it :)

Like when you finnish the game, Alyx will do a nice strip for you, thats an easter egg!

so has someone already e-mailed gabe about the toilets?
who's gonna do it? :rolleyes:

Back