HL2 MP will be CS2

P

PaulSimon

Hi,

I think it quite obvious that this is the case,heres the evidence.

Taken from Valve speaks....

It's been confirmed that CS2 has been in development, and it's been rumoured that the CS team has been working with Valve on an "unknown" project for quite sometime now. Will the CS team be pumping out a mod using the Source engine? And will it be released with HL2?

Gabe: Yes, and no comment.

Hmmm..They are making a MOD, not a commercial game and "no comment".
If it wasnt HL2 MP,he could just have said no,like he said when somebody asked if TF2 was the HL2 MP

Another,it wont be TF2...Also taken from Valve speaks

TF2 has been left to the spiders and flies for all we know, can you confirm if TF2 will be released in Source with HL2?

Gabe Newell: TF2 is being done in source, and will be released as a stand-alone product. TF2 is not the included MP.

"TF2 is not the included MP." Then what is left, CS2 of course!

I doubt it. CS2 will more than likely be immensly popular on it's own, and generate a ton of money. Why would Valve want to release it basically for free with HL2.

Incorrect. CS2 will be a standalone product that you will buy seperately.

It certainly is a possibility.

It won't necessarily be a Counter-Strike game included with Half-Life 2 but it may be some other project created by the CS-Team (who now work for Valve). Let's face it, who's better at making multiplayer experiences? Gooseman aka. Minh Leah and his team or Valve?

If they are NOT making a commercial game, it won't be CS2. Thats going to be the most commercial game ever. I mean don't you remember CS:CZ having playing cards?

I would say it's a 100% certainty that CS2 will be a stand-alone product, they simply stand to make too much money by selling it as a seperate release.

So we're going to have to buy all the really popular mods separately now?

CLAYMAN said:
So we're going to have to buy all the really popular mods separately now?
They won't be mods, they will be games in their own right.

My thoughts are that the CS-Team are working on some sort of project for HL2 MP (maybe a CS parody based around the HL2 universe? :eek:) and they will then concentrate on making Counter-Strike 2 a standalone product.

CS2 won't just be 1.7, not if Valve want any sales.

Chris_D said:
They won't be mods, they will be games in their own right.

I think they should keep most as mods. Make a free version for MP only at least. As long as I don't buy HL2 then have to pay another $70 for DoD2 (hopefully) I'll be happy.

I'm sure most of us would like them to be free mods, but it's not gonna be like that. TF2, CS2 and most likely Day of Defeat 2 will all be retail. And also, "a free version for MP only"? That's what makes up these games is the MP, no one would buy the retail version if they could get the multiplayer for free.

Yeah but the people who currently play most of these mods aren't going to go out and buy all the sequels. it's just too much money for games that are so similar.

$pazmatazz said:
I doubt it. CS2 will more than likely be immensly popular on it's own, and generate a ton of money. Why would Valve want to release it basically for free with HL2.

Because HL2 will sell loads to begin and if it comes with CS2 then all the CS fans will buy HL2 just for CS2 and never play HL2, loads of people play CS and have never played HL...either way CS2 will either be with HL2 or will be a free download, it isnt a game, its a MOD.

Alig said:
Because HL2 will sell loads to begin and if it comes with CS2 then all the CS fans will buy HL2 just for CS2 and never play HL2, loads of people play CS and have never played HL...either way CS2 will either be with HL2 or will be a free download, it isnt a game, its a MOD.

Nah it hasn't been a mod for a good long time. Valve are just being generous now letting ppl with hl keys to play cs. This will definately change when Hl2 comes out.
They stand to make so much more by making these seperate products. Its all about the money remember. They're going to have the communitys support either way so why not get the extra cash in?

Bicka said:
Nah it hasn't been a mod for a good long time. Valve are just being generous now letting ppl with hl keys to play cs. This will definately change when Hl2 comes out.
They stand to make so much more by making these seperate products. Its all about the money remember. They're going to have the communitys support either way so why not get the extra cash in?

I agree. Sure a lot of CS fans have never played HL, but what about all the fans that have. That's a lot of extra money to generate if they sold both as standalone products.

but with this attitude the "mod community" will just become other game makers ... mods should be free, this was a major reason i bought HL ... seeing as I only play DoD now, i think id be okay to buy HL2 then DoD2 ... but for you who play a lot of mods i think you'll all need to get jobs ... or even second jobs

if its nething like 1.6 it will be crap :/

well its not gunna be CS2 and its not gunna be TF2. they have probly got some new mod :) and i expect its gunna be pro :)

Look CS is a mod and not a mod to HL. Cs retail is not a mod to HL, its like COD using the quake 3 engine. Now if you bought HL and got the cs mod then it is a mod to hl. The only reason most people havn't played hl is becuz cs got so popular valve decided to make it retail to...

Cs2 will probably not be HL2's multiplayer.
I mean valve would make hella more money by doing this... Because then us HL and Cs fans will have to buy both generating more money. Also, HL2's multiplayer is so kick ass that valve is gonna probably show it at E3. Thats my guess.. I mean its probably somtin so kick ass that its gonna kick all of Ut2004 modes (I love onslaught)
My best guess is that valve will show it off at E3 and some of the singleplayer (Not to much so they dont give to much away).
Cs2 will probably be a standalone game with HL2's AI, with a good singleplayer and more multiplayer modes, (Like Team survival(team survival is what cs is right now), survival, deathmatch, team deathmatch). Or something of those..

Overall I think it would be stupid to make Cs2's HL2 multiplayer...they would be loosing so much damn money...

Send the link to this thread to Gabe Newell and ask him to come settle the debate. I would but out of the three e-mails I've already sent to him (with a total of about 50 reasonable questions... all of which remain unanswered) I haven't gotten a single response. Do they filter out all messages from hotmail accounts? That's all I have.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22032

Funny you should ask that because I've sent exactly three emails to Gabe as well, all asking what I consider reasonable questions that wouldn't reveal anything they seem to have been shying away from in interviews. And I also have a Hotmail account :/

Anyway, about CS2 and Half-Life 2's MP, it comes down to this. Companies want money. It's a simple thing, and releasing Counter-Strike 2 as a stand-alone retail product will get them alot of money, MUCH moreso than if they bundled it free with Half-Life 2. End of story. It'd be cool to see if free, but it's not likely at all.

PaulSimon said:
Hi,

I think it quite obvious that this is the case,heres the evidence.

Taken from Valve speaks....

It's been confirmed that CS2 has been in development, and it's been rumoured that the CS team has been working with Valve on an "unknown" project for quite sometime now. Will the CS team be pumping out a mod using the Source engine? And will it be released with HL2?

Gabe: Yes, and no comment.

Hmmm..They are making a MOD, not a commercial game and "no comment".
If it wasnt HL2 MP,he could just have said no,like he said when somebody asked if TF2 was the HL2 MP

Another,it wont be TF2...Also taken from Valve speaks

TF2 has been left to the spiders and flies for all we know, can you confirm if TF2 will be released in Source with HL2?

Gabe Newell: TF2 is being done in source, and will be released as a stand-alone product. TF2 is not the included MP.

"TF2 is not the included MP." Then what is left, CS2 of course!

REMOVE THE COMMENT: "It's been confirmed that CS2 has been in development, and it's been rumoured that the CS team has been working with Valve on an "unknown" project for quite sometime now. Will the CS team be pumping out a mod using the Source engine? And will it be released with HL2?

Gabe: Yes, and no comment."

REMOVE THIS COMMENT FROM THE VALVE SPEAKS NOW! IT WAS A FAKE EMAIL SENT TO VALVE BEFORE MY OLD ACCOUNT "ROLLTHEDISE" WAS BANNED FOR POSTING BULLSHIT LIKE THAT!

IF YOU NEED CONFIRMATION, ON MONDAY (5/10) I WILL BE ON THE HOST MACHINE, AND YOU CAN COMPARE IP'S (IF YOU RECORD THAT). FEEL FREE TO BAN ME IF YOU LIKE AS WELL.

You may want to remove this post as well and i'd like to point out that i have never been anywhere near the leaked code or the beta but I was a regular on these boards at the time of the leak and the morning the code was leaked somone posted screen grabs of the directory contents of the code to prove that they had the real code. I'm going to try to use a spoiler tag to say what those directories on the screen grab included, I apologise if it goes wrong, i'm a a bit of a muppet. Those directories do kind of disprove the theory at the start of this thread as far as cs2 being the mp part of hl2 but it doesn't mean they can't be making both.

The folders included Source, HL2, HL2MP, TF2 and CS2

hl2 MP wont be tf2 or cs2 it ill have its own mp just like the original half-life.

Maybe this will clear it up: CS2 nor TF2 will be the multiplayer component for Half-Life 2 :)

Yes, just to clarify. TF2 and CS2 will be INDEPENDENT games.

And also, the CS team no longer make mods, but games! A sequel to a CS or DoD or anything like that, will NOT be a mod but a GAME.

~fin~

No no somtin else was confusing me..i new neither of them would be its multiplayer.. else valve would looks millions of dollors and look like idiots and not be able to put as much money into Cs3, HL3, DoD3, TF3.

To echo other people, CS2 is likely to be standalone, TF2 is going to be standalone, other expansion packs will be standalone. I'm beginning to wonder what Valve is going to have to release for free on Steam if they keep this up. They're like the Microsoft of the gaming world...you and your little team make a nice product that everybody likes, then they buy you and make you work for them. :LOL:

And I'm telling you guys, HL2's MP is just gonna be Manipulator Pong.

Manipulator pong would be superb.

I want manipulator stretch-o-headcrab tetris

The CS team could help valve make HL2 MP.. kinda the allies against the combines... HL 2 but with a swing of CS gameplay and maybe some vehicles and other cool stuff

Argyll said:
Has CS2 even been officially confirmed?

Not officially but valve talked about it...
There was a video released a year ago with gooseman confirming that they were busy on CS2. You could even see a CS 2 gun on a 3D modelling program on his PC monitor in the background

This thread is wrong, and spreads false "facts"
This should be closed

ITS NOT GOING TO BE CS2

Quite simply because, when ever has a game developer pushed out a multiplayer that is completely dissimilar to the single player. Imagine the amount of content extra they would have to plan, etc... It would take too much time. My bet is on TF2 or something similar team based game.

If you don't think its gunna be TF2 then check out the screenshot of the T-Shirt concepts for HL2 from the Belgium tours interview.

http://games.telenet.be/specials.php?act=one&rid=175 < The Article

http://games.telenet.be/images/reviews/screenshots/175s_12.hl2-tshirts1.jpg < The T-Shirt concepts for HL2

Notice the T-shirt on the left, any resemblance to a game we know?

Yes, it's a TF shirt, and I will buy that shirt, even if I have to destroy all in my path.

But that doesn't necessarily mean TF2 will be the multiplayer component. People are expecting too much out of Half-Life's mp, setting up for disappointment I tell you!

Perhaps, but why would they have a TF shirt up on HL2 based T-shirt concepts?

Back