HL2 Multiplayer - Not CS:S

We should know when HL2 starts preloading next week. People can see if there's any MP specific models in the gcf file.

Yeah i think i do have the GoTY edition

Oh and i thought they were only preloading the sounds and other things when the preload starts?

S-E-A-R-C-H

Please try the above link before starting another HL2 MP vs CS:S thread. Thats all we ask.

HL2 MP is not CS:Source. They are completely two different things.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
S-E-A-R-C-H

Please try the above link before starting another HL2 MP vs CS:S thread. Thats all we ask.

HL2 MP is not CS:Source. They are completely two different things.

Unless you link to an interview, post, or article where a valvesoftware employee actually said that, don't spout things out as facts then. You don't have any proof that hl2 will have its own MP.

URL or I don't believe you.

here we go, in the info from valve thread, there is a thread that asks about Valve Anti-cheat, valve says quote, "Yes, VAC is now working for BOTH HALF-LIFE 2 and Cs:s" why would they say "BOTH"? I'll tell you why, it's because half-life 2 has it's own multiplayer.

here is the exact thing, sorry, I misquoted
- VAC 2 will be released with HL2. It will be created for general use among mods and HL2.

- Collecters Edition will be available over steam as a "Special Version"

- There are some new bink videos they showed us. They were trailers with collections of all footage from the E3's, etc, and a new promotional trailer. They all looked awesome. These will be released prior to HL2 and will be in publications at first, then will be available for download.

- The SDK will be released the same time the game is released.

Thanks to gh0st, from his trip to Valve..

i wouldnt mid is cs:s is the hl2 multiplayer, but why would it be? infact how could it be?

cs:s is a completely different game... which you will be able to buy independently from hl2. how can you buy just the multiplayer portion of another game.... u cant. (well its never been done before).

im sure hl2 will have deathmatch, its just going to be over shadowed by cs:s coz its so much more popular

king John I said:
Team fortress 2!

TF2 Is not I say again Is not HL2 MP component....check out the latest video interview with doug about css it gives you a little info at the end.

Or he could just be lying? Who knows... nobody knows.. lets just wait til the game comes out and then play the Weeble and Bob go to Disneyland(tm) themed multiplayer component of HL2.

Damn, I let the cat out of the bag :-/

HL2 has multiplayer, CS:S is just a mod. How can you possibly think otherwise? Because Gamespot poorly worded one of their news posts? Valve are not idiots.

I'm sure someone will come out with a multiplayer mod that uses HL2's weapons.

thefiznut said:
HL2 has multiplayer, CS:S is just a mod. How can you possibly think otherwise? Because Gamespot poorly worded one of their news posts? Valve are not idiots.
perhaps because the game is nearly released and we did not hear NOTHIN of ANY kind of hl2 mp ???

pixartist said:
perhaps because the game is nearly released and we did not hear NOTHIN of ANY kind of hl2 mp ???
Well, heres what I think.

Valve says the HL2 multiplayer is a secret. It wouldn't be a secret if it was CS:S. Cuz everybody knows about it.

It also might not be plain old deathmatch and team deathmatch. (Although still insanely awesome)
It might be more than that. Like Resistance vs. Combine. With Striders and junk.

Who knows, but Valve will NOT, they NEVER, dissapoint.

you think about coop? no it will definatly not be coop...valve said that
i think it will be dm+somethin else we don't know !

HL 2 multiplayer is something they want to suprise us with, they have mentioned Half-Life 2 multiplayer many times but always add that they don't want to reveal it. I'm almost certain that it's going to be HLDM of some sort but I do not know for sure :thumbs:

pixartist said:
you think about coop? no it will definatly not be coop...valve said that
i think it will be dm+somethin else we don't know !
Err.. Who said coop? Humans can be Combine.. And control Striders..

I think it would be cool..

I'd love to be a strider, striding down the street
Wasting all the little people that I meet.

Combine soldiers, Humans
I dont' care who
What you got there, rockets?
Zapp! take that! Foo!

Stride, stride, stride, stride.......

Homercidal said:

Combine soldiers, Humans
I dont' care who
Zapp! take that! Foo!

The problem with gametypes like that is that there are people who only wanna be a Strider. And refuse to switch sides after the round has ended.

Thats what I would go with. Being able to "act out" certain portions of the game as either the resistance or the "bad guys". So one side would have a Strider or 2, combine and what not and the other would have pitiful little humans in their delicate pink flesh plus all kinds of weapons.

Resistance v. combine would be very awesome... (ie... a bigger map, resistance get buggies with a gunner on back, and combine get striders and combine troops... cool!)

I would be happy if that was their MP compenent.

Diablo2k said:
The problem with gametypes like that is that there are people who only wanna be a Strider. And refuse to switch sides after the round has ended.

All they have to do then is litter the map with strider traps, for example an enormous snare or a pit full of sharpened fence-posts. ;)

let me ask u ppple this..

would it be considered a let-down if HL2's MP was the simple DM/TDM style possibly with a few other modes thrown in.. ie. manipulator mode etc.

im just curious because i was under the impression that most pple were interested in HL2 for its SP experience...add the modability of HL2 and CS:Source as a nice bonus.

i wouldn't consider that a let-down.. but i wanna know what pple think.
i'd even want to start a new thread on this topic with perhaps a poll but eh.. lets just see how many pple respond to it here.

McFly said:
These people are so stupid as to thin Valve would release a game without multiplayer. omg

that's the thing. They aren't releasing it without multiplayer, that's why they have CS:S. I'm guessing it's cause they think CS is such a popular game that everyone will love it.

Homercidal said:

Combine soldiers, Humans
I dont' care who
Zapp! take that! Foo!

I HAD to put this in my signature. LMAO.

I mean, they obviously read the forums and have an excellent grasp on the communities expectations

I personally find that to be a bad idea when game developers or musicians for example look to the community and ask them what they want. It just doesn't work because you will have many ideas and the final product will be shit. It is always better to let Valve decide on their own what is best to release along with the single player component.

Did any of you play Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64? It's excactly what im talking about. The developers listened to the public too much and ended up whith a half-assed product.

Back