HL2.net Custom Map Night

What time on Saturday night should we meet?

• 7 PM PST

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 8 PM PST

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 9 PM PST

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 10 PM PST

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

merc

Reaction score
I am proposing that we all get together on Saturday nights at chosen time to play each other's custom maps and let each other know the goods and the bads about them. We could play Half-Life or Counter-Strike, and play for just an hour or however long people want to play. Let me know what you guys think!

-merc

Good idea, I don't know how many people would go for it though :p I vote 9.

if we get around 10 people we will be set... you dont have to actually make maps either, you can just play them and let the creator know how you like it and stuff so they can fine tune maps

-merc

Love the idea, merc. Everyone should come! Whoo! :thumbs:

I voted for 9.

Arrange it properly, and I'll try and sort out the hl2.net server so there's somewhere to play.

come on guys, lets get some more peeps to join up... any votes for the first map next saturday? i was thinking fy_coach or another map that has been recently made...

-merc

I'll happily come and play, but im on the other side of the world (almost litterally) from california :(

I could give you guys two cs maps, fy_coach and de_evac, if you'd like. And there was another guy with that really awesome counterstrike map. And the guys that made the Bugbait and other HL2 remake maps should convert them to sven co-op so we can play 'em. I like this idea. :)

I don't do multiplayer.. sorry.. I'd be happy to whip up some single player maps for you lot to test if you like :)

I give more respect to noobs that play servers and are unashamed of their noobific qualities than I do to noobs that say 'I don't do multiplayer' and play singleplayer instead, hiding their noobness from the world.

Get yo ass in game, badger.

Pobz said:
I give more respect to noobs that play servers and are unashamed of their noobific qualities than I do to noobs that say 'I don't do multiplayer' and play singleplayer instead, hiding their noobness from the world.

Some of us prefer SP over MP because we happen to not be impressed with comments like that.

Some of us prefer to play against bots that play properly than childish people who whine that someone is cheating the second they get killed.

Some of us just prefer SP over MP, ever thought of that? No didn't think so

Pobz said:

Badger meant that he MADE SP maps only, he doesn't MAKE MP maps... Badger plays MP Opposing Force with me almost daily...

Pobz said:

:LOL:

Oh dear :p Read my post again.. thanks

ah right I see now, well umm... I've made some MP maps... so ner :p

Now that I'm back from somewhere.. (not HL2.net, BUT YEAH I'M BACK!) I'll definitely join in. :D

I've got a map to donate, too.

dammit i am out every saturday so i would never be able to play...

So have we decided if this is dedicated to only CounterStike maps on the HL2 Counterstrike server, or are we gonna do some other mods, too?

Probably just keep it to Half-Life deathmatch and Counter-Strike... But if anyone else wants to try out different mods and stuff im all for it..

-merc

Rupertvdb said:
dammit i am out every saturday so i would never be able to play...

no good mate, its Pacific standard time. That would probably be sometime in the early Sunday morning for us.

Screw. That.

I wish I finished my map of my house I was doing for HLDM. It was pretty fun for a small group. Now all I have is the .map file. I forgot to backup the .wad and I dont have worldcraft installed. Maybe I should try to make it again.

Back