HL2.net Release Date Spec thread?

Kouler

Tank
Reaction score
Let the speculation begin!

November 4th sounds good

I thought they were going to wait and release it along side DukeNukem : Forever in a double pack?

I'm hoping between the 1st - 5th of November at the latest.

That wud be funny if they did, and tht wud be never. nov 9th

...2005? You pessimist Sven!

:p

Well, I suppose I can't complain because this forum was resurrected with this sort of thing in mind- November 30th.

November 26th - the day-after-thanksgiving sale aka black friday. the largest retial electronics sale day of the year!

You're not believing that, surely? It's all propaganda to mislead the gullible ;)

I'm thinking May 21st, 2017. I'd bet on it!

Even if it did get properly released on the 16th, anyone wanna guess at what time and more importantly what timezone that'd be for? PST? Midnight GMT would suit me!

I really wanted to make a new thread for this but what the hey.

It seems logical and comical for november 16th to be the false date!

If you think about it valve has missed some release dates in the passed and what better way to get a joke off than to come out sooner than a release date? They have already said that if a store sells it sooner than the 16th than they will turn it on for steam. Number one valve saying this is like moths to the fire becuase their are enough people out their crazy enough for this game that it will end up on a shelf "Cough: Bestbuy stores in western usa:Cough" but really with everyone's dates being around the 4th and them all being all hush hush and all... i wouldnt really doubt seeing it on the 4th.

I wish you were right, but unfortunately, you're probably not. That would be quite a "joke," though.

mayro said:
I really wanted to make a new thread for this but what the hey.

It seems logical and comical for november 16th to be the false date!

If you think about it valve has missed some release dates in the passed and what better way to get a joke off than to come out sooner than a release date? They have already said that if a store sells it sooner than the 16th than they will turn it on for steam. Number one valve saying this is like moths to the fire becuase their are enough people out their crazy enough for this game that it will end up on a shelf "Cough: Bestbuy stores in western usa:Cough" but really with everyone's dates being around the 4th and them all being all hush hush and all... i wouldnt really doubt seeing it on the 4th.
Problem with your logic is that it isn't Valve that has made the annoucement, it isn't Valve that declares it gold, it isn't Valve that produces it, it isn't Valve that distributes it, and it isn't Valve that has controll over this whole process. Its all in Vivendi's hands now and it would probably be unheard of if they were to release it earlier.

O.......K! I think most of you guys are just joking around and haven fun with us. :borg:

i say the 16 th sound the best and bloodlines on the 24th November of course

Nov, 12:01 Valve time, at lunch (when they get to work) at Nov.16 2004.
think about it, it takes time to make enough copies for the WHOLE world, IMO, 50% of the buyers aren't on steam, more like 49.9% are :p

Back