Hl2 Only On Dvd In Europe Confirmed?

spaz1

Reaction score
Has this been confirmed? It would be nice to know as soons as possible coz I don't have DVD driver atm. Im just wondering that do I have to run to the nearest PC store and get a cheap DVD system. :naughty: And I live in Finland.

Yes. It's going to be DVD only Europe wide. Better fork out some Finnish cash mate and treat yourself to a DVD-ROM

I have a sak of €:s but im so lazy that I don't have DVD... Oh well.. Beter start searching now.

oehoeh

I think everyone should have one by now...

and if not, which is the case... you can buy one for about 30 euro (netherlands)... what my point is, they are cheap and for Hl2 it would be worth the money of course

Precisely. Everyone talks of spending huge amounts of cash on new CPUs and G-Cards, yet they often complain (not saying that you are) about a game coming out on DVD only...I mean, WTF LOL?

My dual layer 16 speed DVD burner only cost about £50. The ROMs should be cheap as chips now.

Everyone should have a DVD-ROM at least by now. Lite-On DVD-ROMs are good and dirt cheap.

EDIT: Hey cool I'm a Zombie......brains, must eat brains....this tatty old shoe will do for now. MUNCH, MUNCH!!!

You don't have a DVD-drive? then your computer must be +5 years old, and then you cant plat HL2 anyway. Sorry.

The_Monkey said:
You don't have a DVD-drive? then your computer must be +5 years old, and then you cant plat HL2 anyway. Sorry.

Quoted for sheer ROFL quality.

It is possible to install something on PC-A from a DVD drive on PC-B over a network isn't it?

Esquire said:
It is possible to install something on PC-A from a DVD drive on PC-B over a network isn't it?
Never had to try this kind of thing but, yeah I think so. You might want to ask over in hardware.

I'm from Czech Republic (yes, it is in Europe) and we will get our HL2 on CDs. I got it confirmed from our local publisher. So, no DVD for whole Europe.

PS: But dont get me wrong, I'm not happy and I hate our publisher for this.

Our old computer 500 mhz computer even has DVD drive. That thing is almost 5/6 years old!

I ordered my DVD writer yesterday :naughty:

EDIT: just got word from the store that they shipped it, receiving it tomorrow :afro:

Shodan_CZ said:
I'm from Czech Republic (yes, it is in Europe) and we will get our HL2 on CDs. I got it confirmed from our local publisher. So, no DVD for whole Europe.

PS: But dont get me wrong, I'm not happy and I hate our publisher for this.

THX for this info. This is what I needed to hear. :)

Back