HL2 or HL S

madog

Reaction score
Which will you play first HL S or HL Source? Ive decided to play Source first and then go onto HL2 to give the feeling of playing through the whole half life story at once. Plus HL S wont take long since i kno HL like the back of my hand.

HL2 cause i just cant wait i know HL's story so much

i cant play hl sources since im buying the game retail.. but im beating hl1 again right before hl2

o dang i got silver edition for HL S and DOD S

I just finished HL1 yesterday for the 8th time.

Played the steam version for the first time, man it's buggy. Lots of parts of it are broken compared to the original version (lifts and things killing you because you were 'crushed' when they reach the bottom and try and go up again, moving things being stuck by enemies etc).

I actually found an area that I think I've only been to once or twice before, it was really strange. It was like "woah, I don't remember this part -at all-". Rest of it was pretty dull, actually.

I got the CE from BB and when registering I saw no mention of HL:S. It said I could register CS:S, and HL2 as well as get the SDK...but no HL:S. I have been slightly concerned.

hl:s is half life 1 with physics.............. why on earth would you play that before playing half life 2?

HL2...HL: Source is going to suck I believe.

Seems as good a time as any to, once again, ask if there will be a legal way to get HL:S other than buying the CE/Gold versions?

i have an hour at the beginning of the day before my first lecture so i'm gonna play hl:source and wait untill the evening untill i load up the bad boy... :D

I'm pretty sure HL:S won't be released on the 16th as there hasn't been any anouncment of a release date.

Why would I want to replay a game I've beat multiple times? Half-Life 2 all the way...

If there has been no announced release date how can they say it is a part of the CE? I mean even if the game was sold at the right time...there would be content that isn't available yet advertised as included.

don't think HL:S will be out at the same time as HL2

x2501x said:
If there has been no announced release date how can they say it is a part of the CE? I mean even if the game was sold at the right time...there would be content that isn't available yet advertised as included.
Good point, nevermind.

HL:S isn't coming with HL2 tomorrow.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Note the asterisk beside it on the steam page. Then find the other asterisk. It states that HL:S and DOD:S will be made available WHEN THEY ARE FINISHED which will not be tomorrow (no dates even rumoured yet, so they probably aren't even CLOSE).

x2501x said:

He is right by the way. The Half Life Source files are on the CE DVD along with HL2 and CS: Source. It will be playable when HL2 is unlocked to anyone who bought the right steam package or the retail CE.

arcy said:
HL:S isn't coming with HL2 tomorrow.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Note the asterisk beside it on the steam page. Then find the other asterisk. It states that HL:S and DOD:S will be made available WHEN THEY ARE FINISHED which will not be tomorrow (no dates even rumoured yet, so they probably aren't even CLOSE).

That same asterisk is next to HL2 also which is coming out on the 16th. It is just lawyer speak for "You can't sue us when we screw up".

Well, I still have never beat HL, so unless HL:S comes out tomorrow, I'll play through some of HL2, or all of it, and then go play HL. I got up to "On a Rail" but got bored (I've heard everything negative of the level) and scared of the marines. Yes, the marines, not the Xen aliens. :E I actually want to restart HL and go play it really fast, even though I have watched the 45-minute HL tape, but the guy skipped like 2 levels with loopholes in maps.

nooooooo wat de heck! the reason i got silver edition was for HL S! This really pisses me off.... the g man will be most displeased

HL Source must come out tommorrow (Retail CE remember)
so I will play through that first.
Starting HL2 later this year on Christmas

Tiddalick said:
HL Source must come out tommorrow (Retail CE remember)
so I will play through that first.
Starting HL2 later this year on Christmas

Christmas! Im not gonna wait that long!! Ill prolly beat HL S in like 2 or 3 days. And then IMMEDIATELY start playing hl2 the moment i finish hl S so its like the story continues on.

Back