HL2 pic on ATi next gen hardware!!!

Well, lucky thing my girlfriend is in love with half-life, i saved the pic for her

Attachments

• hl2.jpg
    hl2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 578
MrWhite said:
Well, lucky thing my girlfriend is in love with half-life, i saved the pic for her

ooh, i like that angle... reflections on the pebbles = very cool

MrWhite said:
That's a cool gf! ;)

The pic looks great. Like the nice lighting and bump mapping and ooooh so good!

sure would have liked to see that in motion...

oh well.

Spiffae said:
sure would have liked to see that in motion...

oh well.

Very cool, the water in HL2 already looks awesome, now they are makeing it look better!? YAY Rock on Valve, rock on :afro:

The pics in the initial links are not showing up now.

Are the ones getName posted the same size?

oo, thats nice ;) , so Im guessing HL2's release will be co-ordinated with the release of the latest ATI card, :dozey:

Jeesh id laugh if the delay was to accomidate the time that ATI needed to release it.. most probably since they had a contract, yes.

Oh well its all good :naughty:

Woooo...

The graphics in that pic do look better than those we've already seen...

Oh, and allow me to say just one thing on the subject of Pseudonym's banning... Abom, you just took a step back towards my good books...

Hmmmm... "Pseudonym"... y'know, I think that was some sort of sad joke aimed at all of us...

Pseudonym: Banned = Funny as hell. He deserved every bit of it too. I mean I am against bans especially perma bans in most cases but that guy was just too stupid and ignorant for words.

Anyway, I still love the pic.

clarky003 said:
oo, thats nice ;) , so Im guessing HL2's release will be co-ordinated with the release of the latest ATI card, :dozey:

Geez, now that you mention it, maybe the only reason there was ever a 30 september release date is that it was the day that the XT series was introduced... ([/conspiracy] or they just timed the introduction with the supposed release of HL2)

clarky003 said:
how did he get banned?... ROFL

It turned out he was just a clone of EvilEwok 2.0 and he was banned because he was a pain in the ass Doom 3 fanboy.

dat_monkey said:
Banned for now that is... can't he just renew his IP if he wants to come back? He may be IP banned from now, but he will probably jsut come right back, unless you ban a whole range of ip's, and that would ban people that were legit as well...

It's him against us - if he keeps coming back, we can just simply keep banning him. He'll get tired of it eventually.

Well if I compare the water showing in the next HL2 pic and water in Far Cry I can say HL2 water(effects) are better. :)

PvtRyan said:
Geez, now that you mention it, maybe the only reason there was ever a 30 september release date is that it was the day that the XT series was introduced... ([/conspiracy] or they just timed the introduction with the supposed release of HL2)

yeh its so obvious , it will most likely be the case. You old Snyders Valve :O ;) ..

Spiffae said:
I took that image, fixed up the color and cleaned it up a bit... looks rather nice.

Looks worse IMO.. sorry!
*Shuzer hides from the wrath of Spiffae

Ok first of all can I just say i skipped the middle 3 pages of this thread, sorry if i'm going over old ground,

That hl2 pic looks like the scene that was used in the recent shading tutorial pdf released a couple of weeks ago on the ati site. Not sure if it's still there but the link I got it from was:

http://www.ati.com/developer/gdc/D3DTutorial10_Half-Life2_Shading.pdf

I'm not sure what hardware was used for the images in that pdf but I thought I'd post it so people can compare and contrast. It's got direct feed images in not projected ones.

so shuzer, you prefer it too dark, green, and seen at an angle?

/shuzer feels spiffae's wrath.

Spiffae said:
so shuzer, you prefer it too dark, green, and seen at an angle?

/shuzer feels spiffae's wrath.

Well, not really.. but, the pebbles on the ground look worse in the "enhanced" image, that's my main complaint.. and that's what I liked best about the original :)

Shuzer said:
Well, not really.. but, the pebbles on the ground look worse in the "enhanced" image, that's my main complaint.. and that's what I liked best about the original :)
well, you're entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong ;)

Spiffae said:
well, you're entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong ;)

Well, you're entitled to your opinion about my opinon, even if it's wrong :) lol

Where are the screenies why are they removed? DAMNIT!

Totally love that pic, it looks damn good. And I love the radeosity in hl2.. it makes the lighting much more realistic.

I like unaltered pictures, because they are. . . unaltered, and show the engine or coloring (whatever) without post capture tweaking.

go and download the coastline, strider binks plz

ATI also claims that its hardware will run faster then Nvidia's anyway and he added: "It's pretty much impossible to make a sm3.0 game look noticeably different to a sm2.0 game, which is why Nvidia was comparing the 2.0/3.0 path with a 1.1 path."

No kidding. They showed comparasion shots between PS 1.1 with lowest details and PS3.0 and highest details

The latter looked no different than PS2.0 to me, having seen that same scene in FC with details turned up to max

Back