HL2 Poster

fido139

Reaction score
I had looked all over the internet for a decent Halflife-2 poster, nothing much to pick from, so I decided to make my own. I did find a desktop wallpaper image that was 1024 x 1280, this gave a base to start with. I used "Alien Skin Blowup" in Photoshop to increase the image to 30" x 40" and went to work adding other stuff from screen shots and made some items in Photoshop. I then added smoothing to clean up the image and finalized with "grain" effects to make it look overall better.

Here is the final image

(reduced)
Half-Life2PosterLg800x600-1.jpg

I printed the poster out at work on one of our huge Plotters at 24" x 30" matt photo paper, as I work in the Printing and Graphics industry. It's now on the wall above my computer.

I plan on fooling around adding some of the other items from HL, but for now I wanted to keep it simple.

If somebody wants a shiney Photo Quality matt print (poster) of this, let me know in my email.

As it dispays on my wall:

P1030002e800x600.jpg

sexy poster, but it would be better without the logo and "HAlF-LIFE 2" on the side

I can see a noticeable colour change in the 'Half-life2' text. Seems to have a pitch black border, and the rest are a dark gray.

Will it blend? That is the question.

I can see a noticeable colour change in the 'Half-life2' text. Seems to have a pitch black border, and the rest are a dark gray.
I actually added a graduated screen to that text in Photoshop. I tried to match the color on Gordons HEV suit with the eye dropper.

Nice. I actually have a huge poster with that exact image (without the half-life 2 text and logo that you added on the side, obviously), but mine has an AMD logo on the corner, and AMD stuff really big on the bottom. My sister got it from their booth at a career fair. It is difficult to tell what you mean by "adding other stuff from screen shots and made some items in Photoshop" since yours looks exactly like my poster of promotional valve art.

I do like that yours doesn't have AMD logos all over it :p.

that's a lot of ink... how much would that cost on a home printer? heh

that's a lot of ink... how much would that cost on a home printer? heh

A normal home printer wouldnt be able to print on that size paper.

I too would like to know how you printed that.

It just looks like there's a black box around the Half-Life 2 text on my laptop screen, but my screen is a bit bright. Other than that, it looks great! :D good job
There actually is a darker box because of the layering, but it all prints solid black so you don't see it on the poster. Nice catch!

Nice. I actually have a huge poster with that exact image (without the half-life 2 text and logo that you added on the side, obviously), but mine has an AMD logo on the corner, and AMD stuff really big on the bottom. My sister got it from their booth at a career fair. It is difficult to tell what you mean by "adding other stuff from screen shots and made some items in Photoshop" since yours looks exactly like my poster of promotional valve art.

I do like that yours doesn't have AMD logos all over it :p.
Correct, on the right, you do not have the HL2 logo, and the banner. I found only the raw art (wallpaper) background to start with. Your banner probably says "episode 1" on it. Had I found that poster anywhere I probably would have bought it and saved myelf the trouble, but it turned out to be fun anyways. When I get a minute, I'll ad some more goodies and post back here.

Correct, on the right, you do not have the HL2 logo, and the banner. I found only the raw art (wallpaper) background to start with. Your banner probably says "episode 1" on it. Had I found that poster anywhere I probably would have bought it and saved myelf the trouble, but it turned out to be fun anyways. When I get a minute, I'll ad some more goodies and post back here.

Ah cool. No "episode 1" on my banner, just lots and lots of distracting AMD stuff covering up large portions of the bottom :hmph:.

Looking forward to seeing your other stuff!

sexy poster, but it would be better without the logo and "HAlF-LIFE 2" on the side

This is all I was going to say.

I think a HALF-LIFE 2 along the bottom in possibly white similar to the style that they do would finish it perfectly.

Oh, and Printing Business? HiFive!!

A normal home printer wouldnt be able to print on that size paper.

I too would like to know how you printed that.

He probably did it on a Wide-Format printer, much like the following:
hpdj500plus.jpg

Which does high quality wide-format printing. And they generally go up to sizes like A0. Very sexeh stuff. Although the one I showed you looks kind've small.

Edit: Shit, double post :s

Sorry guys.

Back