HL2 Preload 4

[[LuCkY]]

Reaction score
Is out :)

Half-Life 2 Pre-Loading Phase 4
The fourth phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today.

This will allow users to download the majority of Counter-Strike: Source in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased the game via Steam will be ready to start playing.

Damn it!

It's not working for me, I've restarted steam but still nothing

If you have CS:S already installed I am betting we got the update a few days ago ;)

I think it would be the last preload until the HL2.exe file is possibly out. So well, I guess this blows out the September 30th release date unless they give it out within 3 days or so.

Yes, this update isnt working for me being a CSS player....

ummmm.... I restarted steam several times and when i click on halflife2 it says its already preloaded. Wasn't that big cs:source update also included the full version of source?

So it's not even a HL2 pre-load?!

What? F*ck CS:S! stop getting in the way of HL2!

so is this update only for those without the CS:Source beta?
or even the beta pple get an update but assuming its not as large as for the rest of the users?..

im confused..

Pauly said:
ummmm.... I restarted steam several times and when i click on halflife2 it says its already preloaded. Wasn't that big cs:source update also included the full version of source?

That huge CSS update was probably our preload.

I paused the download to reconnect to a content server like normal, but the continue button si brokezor.

If you have the CSS beta, you already have the full Cache file.

it's loading for me but says scanning for the game... maybe that's the codename for the HL2 MP

This is only if you do not have CS:S beta. CS:S owners who updated recently got the CS:S preload.

Dr.breen said:
So it's not even a HL2 pre-load?!

What? F*ck CS:S! stop getting in the way of HL2!

cs:s = hl2 multiplayer.........

If the size of the preload is 889MB then you boys are gettin the CS:S data cache. I got the rest of cs:s last week and since I'm getting - A locked copy of half-life 2 is now on your computer - and am getting no option to preload any more data....I can only assume it definitely is the data cache for CS:S. Which stands to reason since it is bundled with the game....

steampowered.com is down for me

edit: it wasa second ago anyway

Back