HL2 Preload 4

30 years from now... [daniom] says: Have Ppprrreload nr. 37.b out yet? I think its getting close to the release now..

[[LuCkY]] said:
Is out :)

Half-Life 2 Pre-Loading Phase 4
The fourth phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today.

This will allow users to download the majority of Counter-Strike: Source in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased the game via Steam will be ready to start playing.

I just decided to start pre-loading last night. I decided I wanted to be ready to I downloaded STeam. Then got the CS:S Beta, now Im preloading HL2 as we speak. But my question is, is it going to preload all 4 phases since Im late?

razorblade kiss said:
I just decided to start pre-loading last night. I decided I wanted to be ready to I downloaded STeam. Then got the CS:S Beta, now Im preloading HL2 as we speak. But my question is, is it going to preload all 4 phases since Im late?

yep, it will download all 4 dont worry :)

''The steam servers are currently too busy to handle any more preloads of Half-Life 2. Please try again in a few hours.''

wow thats fast lol.

maybe it did it on its own when i was gone or something

cuz the status says it's complete.

is this the final preload?

this has been answered before. No, it's not the final preload. As far as I know, this didn't even pertain to the actual HL2 game. This was just CS:S.

BetaMaster said:
this has been answered before. No, it's not the final preload. As far as I know, this didn't even pertain to the actual HL2 game. This was just CS:S.
hopefully it is as that would leave just one more 150 meg final download. although this shows we are progressing, it also pretty much shows that cs:s is hl2 multiplayer :(

i hope they have deathmatch. They could also have something like Junkyard Wars Online! Mods, anyone?

geowa said:
hopefully it is as that would leave just one more 150 meg final download. although this shows we are progressing, it also pretty much shows that cs:s is hl2 multiplayer :(

Sadly.....

[[LuCkY]] said:
The description says it is just the majority of CS:S, nothing about HL2 really.

Wouldnt that mean that all of the HL2 content was done? They would want to finish one thing before they begun another.

DimitriPopov said:
Wouldnt that mean that all of the HL2 content was done? They would want to finish one thing before they begun another.

*shrug* I don't think anyone but Valve knows what they're doing (hell, maybe they don't even know ;))

Back