HL2 preorder t-shirts.

D

dirge23

Anybody else have one of the t-shirts you got for preordering Half-Life? Well, I asked the Valve staff about those and Doug Lombardi confirmed that there will be t-shirts for HL2 preorders as well.

He even offered to send me one since I was apparently the first person to ask about them. As soon as it arrives, I'll take a pic so everybody can see what the new ones look like...

I would get a Medium size, whats on the shirts?
Edit: I accidentally said sh*t instead of shirt.

i really hope you can preorder the special edition box. i want a t-shirt! although i say it would be way cooler to have the original shirt, i didnt get into halflife until about a year after its release and didnt get a chance to get the original. HL2's logo is sucky compared to the old one, dunno how i would have had it though.

I got offered a t-shirt because I was the first to crack the Docks video. Still waiting :/

Crack the docks video? WTF

How is going into your steam cache and pulling it out of there 'cracking' ?

Hm, he's got you there. I wasn't planning on preordering, but if I get the free t-shirt I think I will. You would think that so close the the release date they would give a little more information about the pre-ordering promotionals (ie a picture of the shirt or even just offical word would be nice). This is very close to the time when people want to start pre-ordering.

I'm scared of pre-ordering mine now, the DVD might come out soon available to preorder

I WANT ACTION FIGURES

AND A MUG

AND COOKIES WITH GORDS FACE ON THEM

AND AN INFLATABLE ALYX DOLL

Any other versions of the game wont come out until some time after the CD version of HL2.

Originally posted by Munro
Any other versions of the game wont come out until some time after the CD version of HL2.

Thxs for confirming that, ill preorder right! away! :D

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
Crack the docks video? WTF

How is going into your steam cache and pulling it out of there 'cracking' ?

crack 6 tr. colloq. find a solution to (a problem, code, etc.)

Problem: Having the docks video on our HDDs
Solution: Hex editing it out of the cache

Crack.

lol, i tried to use a hex editor, in about 5 min, my comp fried and my head blew up

U dont need the hex editor.

You just go into your cache and its there in bink format.

* Nathaniel opens door to cache
"hello?"
* Nathaniel looks around a bit
"heeeere, video video video"

Originally posted by Nathaniel
* Nathaniel opens door to cache
"hello?"
* Nathaniel looks around a bit
"heeeere, video video video"

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamCache\[email protected]\half-life 2 movies\media\movies

MagnetoHead you daft shrimp...

OF COURSE they're there AFTER they're released :p

* Nathaniel falls over due to MagneticHeads daftness :D

[edit]

and btw, mine's in the /Programs/ folder :)

I said I was the first to crack the docks video. I extracted it from the cache about 6 hours before its official release, then someone else did it another way and we shared the information on the forum. But it was thanks to Majestic (the guy with the Amy the Hedgehog in as his avatar) that we knew it was in there.

Anyway, I told Valve how I did it and sent them some screenshots to prove that I'd got it and they said they'd send me a t-shirt.

You won't get girls with Half-Life 2 T-shirts.

That's a problem... of course, unless you don't like girls....

well... you WILL get girls... but only the ones who also are HL-fans. And then you can get matching Gordon/Gina costumes... aaw, how cute....

*wakes up*

damn, dreaming again... :(

btw, wasn't there this huge discussion about wether the Lambda symbol actually stood for homosexuality?

I don't really matter what it stands for, I want one anyway :)

yes.. no girls in a hl2 t-shirt... They probably wouldn't know what the hell it was anyway...and how many girls have you gotten beacause of the t-shirt you were wearing....
if...so..
my god, thats sad.

Noone said you get girls with T-shirts. I only said you wouldn't get girls with a Half-Life 2 T-shirt on. Or rather, you wouldn't be likely to. Unless you're godly gorgeous or something.

Then you just need a couple of glasses and a crowbar and go kill ure neighbours cats and come with the excuse that they looked like headcrabs :cheese:

Sniper: That would kick ass :)

Wonder if I should find out where to preorder HL2 here in Sweden, it might pay iff...

doubt the t-shirts will come in the first couple of versions...probably in a Game of the Year edition or so :)

Originally posted by Nathaniel
btw, wasn't there this huge discussion about wether the Lambda symbol actually stood for homosexuality?

I don't really matter what it stands for, I want one anyway :)

lambda

\Lamb"da\, n. [NL., fr. Gr. ?.] 1. The name of the Greek letter [Lambda], [lambda], corresponding with the English letter L, l.

2. (Anat.) The point of junction of the sagittal and lambdoid sutures of the skull.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I said I was the first to crack the docks video. I extracted it from the cache about 6 hours before its official release, then someone else did it another way and we shared the information on the forum. But it was thanks to Majestic (the guy with the Amy the Hedgehog in as his avatar) that we knew it was in there.

Anyway, I told Valve how I did it and sent them some screenshots to prove that I'd got it and they said they'd send me a t-shirt.

Wow! 6 Hours early.

You Rebels.
:rolleyes:

Did anyone else get the sweet Half Life 1 black baseball cap with the neon orange lambda on the front? I still have it but never wear it. It came with Half Life 1 when I picked it up at EB on release day.

Originally posted by Quackzilla
i am in nerdville here
don't flame, im one too :dork:

LOL. Yep. Well, I liked the HL shirts. I want one. Maybe I will have to request one. :cool:

T-shirt? cool..

how about a plush headcrab toy to scare my cousin? lol

Originally posted by Lifthz
Noone said you get girls with T-shirts. I only said you wouldn't get girls with a Half-Life 2 T-shirt on. Or rather, you wouldn't be likely to. Unless you're godly gorgeous or something.
How is it any different from any other tshirt? You think girls will look at it, see that's it's a computer game logo, and then ignore you because of that? If they even knew what the hell it was, why would they care? You're such a troll;you have to contradict everything or just be negative about it. Just keep it yourself.

Lambda

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
lambda

\Lamb"da\, n. [NL., fr. Gr. ?.] 1. The name of the Greek letter [Lambda], [lambda], corresponding with the English letter L, l.

2. (Anat.) The point of junction of the sagittal and lambdoid sutures of the skull.

In the off chance that anyone actually cares about this, here's what lambda means in physics. (and how I think it relates to the game)

Firstly, it's used to measure wavelengths, be it EM rays, waves in the ocean, or anything. The term Half-Life refers to radioactive decay, and gamma rays, a form of radiation given off by the decay of unstable isotopes, are simply high-frequency, low wavelength electromagnetic waves, so they could have chosen the name and symbol to relate these two.

More likely, I think, though, lambda was chosen as the symbol because it is related directly to half-lives in various radioactive activity formulae. It's called the "decay constant," and determines the length of a certain sample's half-life. Again, in the actual event that anyone is still reading this, here's the formula (where lambda is expressed with an "L"):

R = Ro*e^(-L*t)
Where R can be either the rate of decay or number of undecayed nuclei in the sample remaining after time t, Ro is the rate of decay or number of nuclei originally, and L is the decay constant. A formula that more directly relates lambda and the half-life is this:

T = ln(2)/L
Where T is the half-life, ln(2) is the natural logarithm of 2 (duh), which is about .693, and L is again lambda.

Okay. You can all wake up now. :)

Edit: Stupid grammatical mistakes.

Thank you! I thought it was interesting. I knew it had something to do with radioactivity (as is "half-life" wasn't a big enough tip), so it's nice to know how exaclty.

Back