HL2 props in CSS?

M

MrPenguin

Can it be done? Ive searched around these forums and havnt ofund any thread with an answer. I want to use the premade train tracks and the waste bins etc in 'models/props_trainstation/', and obviously when I run the map in CSS, it has a large ERROR where the prop is supposed to be.

Seeing as both CSS and HL2 are running off the same engine, I would assume using models from one in another would be simple.

you'd have to extract the models from the HL2 gcf and place them in the Counterstrike Source/cstrike/models folder - also meaning they should be distributed with your map.

Would Importing the HL2 model in XSI then exporting for CSS work?(can you do that? - sorry, I can't test this cause I'm at my parent's home...without HL2 :( )

when I checked now I got all the textures (both CS : S and HL2 ) ... can I use them for my counterstrike map or will the HL2 textures look like big error signs?

yea... maybe there was an sdk update?
because im able to use hl2 stuff in cstrike now...

yeah I'ma ll puzzled all over that too - seems like an update !!
I can use any texture / model from HL2 / CSS and even HL1 in any game.

But this can still give errors for some people.

but will the hl2 models work for someone running the map who doesnt have hl2 (css cd)

Necrobump ;o

All of the HL2 materials, sounds, and models are shared among all Source games, so even someone who doesn't have HL2 will have the HL2 content.

Back