HL2 R8 HDR Bloom Mini-mod Released

The other screenshot i was planning to send was too large. But you can bet that my eyes got a bit sore by the time i stopped playing.

Attachments

• d1_trainstation_050000.jpg
    d1_trainstation_050000.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 528
It looks cool but i'm not going to download it because i want HDR through the real steamupdate! :) No offence, it's really great you made this!

Ooooh, this looks sooo pwetty! Is there any chance my crappy Geforce FX5600 could run this stuff? :eek:

I didn't like it, it tends to make all the colours washed out on my pc at least, and it eliminates the contrast in the game too. I hope when the real HDR comes out it won't change the overall look of the game where it doesn't need to be changed.

it seems to me that it just makes things ultra bright in spots, which takes away a lot from detail and textures. and there is no difficulty option in this mod, and it seems to be on easy?

Defpotec22 said:
it seems to me that it just makes things ultra bright in spots, which takes away a lot from detail and textures. and there is no difficulty option in this mod, and it seems to be on easy?
yes i noticed thid also :(

Defpotec22 said:
You can change the difficulty with the skill command in the console
skill 1 (easy)
skill 2 (medium)
skill 3 (hard)

Can I use this effect for other mods, like IOS for half life 1?

Taimaishu03 said:
Can I use this effect for other mods, like IOS for half life 1?

Nope, it's a HL2 mod.

If you have an ATi card you can go to your Control Panel and activate the blur SmartShader for OpenGL if you wish.

its not bad but it makes the game feel like i am in a dream - anyone else have that feelings, plus it makes the game abit too bright i think. the great thing about the original is that there is some dark areas that give the world a gritty and dark feeling to it so that when you played you felt sorry and depressed and oppressed due to the atmosphere. when i played with bloom effect i just felt happy and content in the begining, there no darkness or feeling of darkness.

Anyway its a cool effect but i noticed abit of performance hit, funny since it just the lights tweaked.

Shens said:
Nope, it's a HL2 mod.

If you have an ATi card you can go to your Control Panel and activate the blur SmartShader for OpenGL if you wish.

Do you know if you can activate a bloom efect with opel gl? Either with the control panel or by downloading. I do have an ATI card

Also is there a tutorial on how to enable the blur smartshader, im not seeing the smartshader anywhere.

Taimaishu03 said:
Do you know if you can activate a bloom efect with opel gl? Either with the control panel or by downloading. I do have an ATI card

Also is there a tutorial on how to enable the blur smartshader, im not seeing the smartshader anywhere.

It should be in your control panel/Catalyst Control Center in the Advanced 3D Settings.

I think it's too bright. I look up at a light and this is what I see:

Pressure said:
I think it's too bright. I look up at a light and this is what I see:

All the important aspects of the effect are tweakable:

5) Can I tweak the effect?
Yes! Below are the console commands you can use to tweak the effect:
mat_R8Bloom (Default: 1) : 0=Turns the effect off, 1=The default setting, 2=Blurs the Bloom effect a bit more.
mat_R8BloomLvl (Default: 0.55) : This controls the brightness of the bloom.
mat_R8BloomGamma (Default: 0.75) : This controls the overall gamma of the scene while the effect is enabled, lower is brighter, higher is darker.

Try "mat_R8BloomLvl 0.35" and "mat_R8BloomGamma 0.9"

I'll mess around with the commands when I get back from class.

I´m constantly getting this error: "client.dll Init() in library client failed". The mod crashes right after the valve-logo movie. What gives? Installation went fine, paths should be ok...

btw, I´m using the german retail in OFFline mode. Could this cause any problems?

Shens said:
It should be in your control panel/Catalyst Control Center in the Advanced 3D Settings.

I did, I dont have it as one of the options. And when I tried to use the black and white one shader, nothing happend to my games. I have a RADEON 9000 series 128 mb card.

I did, I dont have it as one of the options. And when I tried to use the black and white one shader, nothing happend to my games. I have a RADEON 9000 series 128 mb card.
If you use the control panel then there is nothing to change for DX games, only Open GL games. Thus only open gl games change with a B&W shader.

Back