HL2 ragdools in CSS?

THUGENSTEIN

Reaction score
Is there somehow that I can mess around with the physics in CSS for ragdolls to make them more realistic like in HL2? Because I've been palying CSS for a while and I just loaded up HL2 and was amazed at how much more responsive and realistic the ragdolls are in HL2. So any cfg file or console commands that can do this? Since ragdolls are a client function in CSS it should be possible shouldnt it?

cl_ragdoll_collide 1

they should be the same as hl2 anyway... :S?

ragdoll collide is to have the ragdolls... well.. collide with each other. The CSS ragdolls are remarkebly stiff, enough to annoy someone. Also you will notice that the hl2 ragdolls are much more reactive. when you shoot a combine he will sometimes spin around, fall on his knees etc. The CSS ragdolls just drop stiffly. Anyhow, collide isnt the thing.

i suppose i don't spend as much time shooting dead ones :p... but really, for me they seem to be exactly the same. Shoot them and they move. hehe... guy was shot while crouching on the side of a big drop in aztec... shot his hand and byby ragdoll! :D. Have u played around with the settings maybe causing the ragdolls to be different?

You need to change the server cmds. These also make the objects move like they do in HL2.

sv_pushaway_clientside : 0 : , "sv", "rep" : Clientside physics push away (0=off, 1=only localplayer, 1=all players)

sv_pushaway_clientside_size : 15 : , "sv", "rep" : Minimum size of pushback objects

sv_pushaway_force : 30000 : , "sv", "rep" : How hard physics objects are pushed away from the players on the server.

sv_pushaway_max_force : 1000 : , "sv", "rep" : Maximum amount of force applied to physics objects by players.

sv_pushaway_max_player_force : 10000 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : Maximum of how hard the player is pushed away from physics objects.

sv_pushaway_min_player_speed : 75 : , "sv", "rep" : If a player is moving slower than this, don't push away physics objects (enables ducking behind things).

sv_pushaway_player_force : 200000 : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" : How hard the player is pushed away from physics objects (falls off with inverse square of distance).

Actually, I'm sure it is a client thing, since they aren't exactly a tactical advantage.... Hmm, I'll look at this. There's got to be a file somewhere in the GCF that dictates this...

They havent put in ik placement yet, cliffe said they'd put it in sooner or later.

Back