HL2 shorter then HL1?

IMO HL2 needs moar backtracking. Definitely one part of HL that HL2 missed out on; plus it was fun and added to the overall time.

And without backtracking, HL2 is just a good shooter on rails, as had been said before; the action sequences and all can be fun, but having little or no time spent in a certain area takes away some extra enjoyment from the game.

Not much detail in the game anyway i do not like the odd setting for it

IMO HL2 needs moar backtracking. Definitely one part of HL that HL2 missed out on; plus it was fun and added to the overall time.

And without backtracking, HL2 is just a good shooter on rails, as had been said before; the action sequences and all can be fun, but having little or no time spent in a certain area takes away some extra enjoyment from the game.

Oh sure, whoopee-do. I love to go back through levels where I've killed everything. :D

Nah, I'm sure you mean backtracking, but enemy placement is changed creatively, etc. so that the type of fun you're having is different. To an extent I'd say they did that with the First level (plaza sort of thing) and Anticitizen One (Plaza sort of thing... with giant walls)

It was not such an enclosed area so less backtracking is a good thing, it needs large areas to show the breadth of the fight and show the traveling from one region to another well

Back