HL2 Source Code - Verdict

Wesisapie

Reaction score
To Valve and the HL2.net community,

After spending the last night and day going over it, (i got it before it was confirmed as real) I can safely say that it has given me new hope in HL2, also, TF2 (it was a real wildcard).
I am pretty much floored, as i am guessing everyone else who got the code out of pure curiousity is.
Just when I was starting to lose hope in HL2, this came along and i am more hopeful than ever for it.
While i'm not in any way an ace programmer, any crafty fellow can get a general idea of what is going on in each part of the coding, and the notes help.
It's a real shame that this will most likely cause more delay (well, i am guessing it will).

Sorry for doubting,
Wesisapie.

Wow, I'm sure the whole of Valve will appreciate your comments, ****ing moron.

Whereas yours are far more contructive...
Plus i'm sure they could use some support now anyway.

edit: typo

wesisapie you are proof that the world has indeed a problem with pregnant mothers drinking too much and/or smoking pot. Thank you for your feedback you dumbf*ck.

*edit* and if you want to help out, why did you download the files? You do realise you are in possession of stolen property right? If liscensed by valve (which I am sure it is) you can be fined so how stupid are you? Also, why not report where you got them from? I guess my theory about pregnant mothers to be is true!

Look at all the tough guys in this thread. Wow. It is like junior high in here.

What did i say? I said i had it before it had been confirmed real or fake. I was just another person checking if it was.

Maybe if you were reading the start of that "HL2 Source Code" discussion you would realise.

And with responses like those, i don't really think i'm the one whose parents smoked pot while they were pregnant, and i wasn't trying to sound high and mighty by calling it a verdict.

Stay on topic sucka.

edit: oops bad typo

Ok, now delete it you knob.

This is hopeless. All these self-proclaimed coding experts are gonna be P2Ping this source code for years now giving their 2 cents.
"I was just wanted to see if they're as good as I am..."

Originally posted by Wesisapie
And with responses like those, i don't really think i'm the one whose parents smoked pot while they were pregnant

Talk about needing to comprehend what one is reading, I was implying you were a fetus when your mother was pregnant with you and she was smoking/drinking. Man I was only kidding about that, but after reading that last statement, maybe its true? Get it? Got it? good...

jesus lay off this guy is completely innocent trying to bring some damn hope and relief to the community. You people need to grow up.

Nice post Wesisapie.

Originally posted by Dr-X
jesus lay off this guy is completely innocent trying to bring some damn hope and relief to the community. You people need to grow up.

Nice post Wesisapie.

Ya, Im sure that someone with little programming knowledge is going to be able to tell the valve programmers who wrote the code something they dont already know about the source leak. :rolleyes:

Was i trying to tell them something they didn't already know? Gee, somene's stayed up past their bedtime and it getting cranky.

PS. the answer to my rhetorical question is "no". which kind of voids it as a rhetorical question.

so what the hell did he do wrong? Nothing. Sure his post wasnt exactly the most uplifting piece of poetry, but it's not like he did anything to deserve the bullshit your assholes chose to dish out. You're all a disgrace to the community. Wesisapie, dont even bother.

Do you think before you type DjBourgeoisie?

Child.

Thanks Dr-X, it was Me vs. The World for a second there.

Originally posted by alehm

sorry but that's funny. kids in junior high attack everyone they disagree with using insults. can't you tell him he's a retard without insulting him? it's possible...though it takes brains instead of a good vocabulary of insults.

argh, this thread has decayed into flame-fest.
why did i bother

Originally posted by Warbie
Do you think before you type DjBourgeoisie?

Child.

Answers to questions
1. Yes
2. Im 29, and if arguing over the internet makes you feel tough you need to get a dose of reality from doctor stfuington.

P.S. Dont forget your followup treatments.

I'm not going to bother with insults so I'll just point out the obvious. There is absolutely no point in bashing people for their curiosity. The amount of people sharing the leak has gone beyond the event horizon and there is no chance of stopping it. The people you should be directing your anger towards are the ones who hacked valve and initially shared the files; not to mention those who will abuse the code.

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
Answers to questions
1. Yes
2. Im 29, and if arguing over the internet makes you feel tough you need to get a dose of reality from doctor stfuington.

P.S. Dont forget your followup treatments.

29? Bullshit.

If you truly are, I pity you - I can't think of anyone who is more pathetic than a 29 year old whose vocabulary and actions are limited to those of a 12 year old boy.

Wesisapie: thanks for not releasing any spoilers, but I think now that the source has been confirmed as real the time is right to destroy the copy on your computer. Hell - I would have checked it out before I found out about the true story, so I'm not going to condemn you for your actions.

Originally posted by alehm
hahah yeah, ****ing jocks

Nice post, Wesisapie.
I browsed through some of the files out of curiosity and it looks like nice, clean, well-documented code. I agree that it's illegal, but just looking at how a professional coder organises his code can be very educational. No harm done.

Originally posted by JtM
I'm not going to bother with insults so I'll just point out the obvious. There is absolutely no point in bashing people for their curiosity. The amount of people sharing the leak has gone beyond the event horizon and there is no chance of stopping it. The people you should be directing your anger towards are the ones who hacked valve and initially shared the files; not to mention those who will abuse the code.
Couldnt agree more!

Back