HL2, still not cracked by pirates!

lans

Reaction score
Well naysayers, HL2 is still not leaked into newsgroups or torrent sites. Seems, the pirates have still not been able to overcome the steam authentication.

it will be...sooner or later..those EMPORIO guys got Steam by the balls i think. Hopefully Valve can come up with something to stop it..

lans said:
Well naysayers, HL2 is still not leaked into newsgroups or torrent sites. Seems, the pirates have still not been able to overcome the steam authentication.
Yeah man, Im getting annoyed with waiting for my warez copy.
:rolling:

Honestly, im curious how long it will take them, and what they come up with. Maybe some fake steam or something

They'll crack it for single player sooner or later, but I seriously doubt there will be any cracked online play anytime soon, if ever.

you know some piraters found a way around the online play by making cracked servers... a pirated copy could go online as long as the pirater is connecting to a server that is cracked

Give them some time, the game has only been out just over 5 hours! I bet we'll see a single-player enabled copy of HL2 for download on the internet by the end of the week.

Dude they cracked CS:S in like 3 days... 5 hours isn't a whole lot of time lol... there will always be a way to cheat the system.

They will probably crack it sooner or later, the important thing is it takes them a long time so Valve can get their just rewards, LOTS OF MONEY!!!

That's because the game is so good that the pirates are all busy playing through it first, like the rest of us.

I hope. Still haven't played it. :)

It was possible to play online on official servers with CS: Source.

However steam makes cd-key checks all the time, so they get thrown off a lot.

CSS is allready cracked, you can play on every server with it, there is no cdkey check.
get to it ppl, valve doesnt give a damn.

but I probably bougth hl2, downloading 4,5gb? would take ages for me

lans said:

well...newsgroups & torrent sites aren't really 0-sec release sites...
so i guess we'll see something within the next 12 hours :naughty:

I'd say another day or two, and they will get it working.

I can bet anyone here that a no-Steam working version of HL2 will be downloadable, today.

lans said:

Very good news. Most games get leaked/craked before they come out. Good stuff!

i just hope someone will bring out a patch that means you don't need steam authentication to play the sp because i can't get steam working at uni so i'm screwed

Raziel-Jcd said:
Very good news. Most games get leaked/craked before they come out. Good stuff!

You know, it might have something to do with that the complete games are available at other places than the dev's HQ and some well-protected servers. They most likely just delayed it a little(but it probably had a big impact anyway since many won't be able to wait even if they usually play cracked games).

That Valve was able to prevent pre-release warez is a huge feather in their cap. I can't imagine how many sales are lost because people play a game before it's released then have no interest in buying it when it comes out. This should definitely add to their profits.

If there were to last even through midday tuesday without a pirated release, it would be a victory for valve.

By the way, two warez-info sites had their forums crash tonight... isonws/nfrc.. owned! Meanwhile I play my paid copy. lol

Mountain Man said:
That Valve was able to prevent pre-release warez is a huge feather in their cap. I can't imagine how many sales are lost because people play a game before it's released then have no interest in buying it when it comes out. This should definitely add to their profits.
prolly not much..if the games are good they still get bougth..and have a look at the doom3 sales count...or halo 2...most people buy the good games! So devs get enough support and they aren't doing much against pirates...so they don't care ..if they still make hundreds of millions from all the people who buy the games. HL2 was not released earlier because of this steam activation shit and encrypted files...

TyroPyro said:
If there were to last even through midday tuesday without a pirated release, it would be a victory for valve.

By the way, two warez-info sites had their forums crash tonight... isonws/nfrc.. owned! Meanwhile I play my paid copy. lol
ya. bcause everyone'S checking if HL2 has been warezed already :E

btw. emporio is slow, too...

(15:44:53) —› Topic: Plz donate to our paypal! -/- www.++++++++++**** --> DOWN -/- DONE -/-

/edit

(15:46:43) —› topic: (MaddoxX) changes topic to (Plz donate to our paypal! -/- www.+++++++++++++.++ --> DOWN -/- HL2 DONE wait till it get on teh bots-/-)

Sad to say this but if you check the torrent sites now, half life 2 is there :(

It's out now.

Also heard a rumour that there is another way and it wouldn't even need a crack... That's not nice :(

thunder said:
It's out now.

Also heard a rumour that there is another way and it wouldn't even need a crack... That's not nice :(

Ha ha.
/Nelson laugh

THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER FOR HL2 - the multiplayer component is css

demonfox13x said:
THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER FOR HL2 - the multiplayer component is css

There'll be mods, etc.
Also, I doubt that anyone here knows for sure if the "pirated" release is the real thing or not.

Back