HL2 to be leaked in day or two?

This may sound quite n00bish but.. How does one get their hands on a copy of the game?? Like Halo 2 and GTA where do they get this disks? does someone on the inside of the company swipe one or something???? Im confused on how it would go about happening.

-End

I dunno bout yall but steam is part of hl2's core unlike css. I dont see warez people doing much with hl2. Otherwise it would be out already. You can be sure the muppets responsible for halo/gta leaks are hunting hl2. You can also be sure they have other muppets working in the fab places. You can be sure valve has thought about this and probably encrypted hl2 the same way your preload is. So you can be sure the muppets are going to have a grand old time trying to figure this one out.

Operator said:
Im confused on how it would go about happening.
Usually it happens at the retail stage. Thats the point when publishers no longer have any control.

If it happens sooner, then its some special circumstance. GTA:SA supposedly leaked during reproduction, possibly due to unscrupulous machine workers. The HALO 2 leak was a French language copy, so someone working on the French build got careless. So its very circumstantial.. but as long as there is a final, then its just a matter of the publisher keeping every single copy of it under their control until its time to distribute.
killahsin-[CE] said:
I dunno bout yall but steam is part of hl2's core unlike css. I dont see warez people doing much with hl2. Otherwise it would be out already.
Good point. The fact that HL2 requires online auth may mean the game is not crackable at all. Its probably missing a key component, leaving wannabe rls groups S.O.L.

In light of this, I bet we wont see a warez release until the 16th!
Finally, I see purpose and reason behind the requirement of online authentification!

exactly so what you will most likely end up with is old code repackaged, with newer content.

Back