HL2 Torrents

BoNfiRe

Reaction score
Hi i'm starting a torrent site for the mass distribution of Half-Life 2 Mods, and Maps aswell as all other Source games such as Counter-Strike & Day of Defeat ( when released ). Not to forget SDK files, and hlds admin tools all aimed for making the life of server admin easier.

Basicly i'm looking for ideas, staff assistance ( moderators and such ), uploaders, modders ( to submit new mods to the community ).

Please post any questions, comments, and suggestions, and I will endeavor to answer.

BoNfiRe said:
Hi i'm starting a torrent site for the mass distribution of Half-Life 2 Mods, and Maps aswell as all other Source games such as Counter-Strike & Day of Defeat ( when released ). Not to forget SDK files, and hlds admin tools all aimed for making the life of server admin easier.

Basicly i'm looking for ideas, staff assistance ( moderators and such ), uploaders, modders ( to submit new mods to the community ).

Please post any questions, comments, and suggestions, and I will endeavor to answer.

Hmm.... I have alot of free time on my hands these days, I think I could help you by being a staff member or Moderator :E

Hmm, I too might also be interested in helping out.

I cant think of any questions apart from would it work like www.filerush.com at all?

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.
I am looking for more staff so anyone else interested please let me know. ( Uploaders are needed )

I will add that the site is @ it's infancy and there is quite some ground work first. I just want to get a team together first in time for some big mod releases so when we go live everything will be ready.

and how will you be contacting us for the staff positions? maybe PM us?

We'd appriciate if you'd ask the staff here first for permission to advertise.

switch said:
Hmm, I too might also be interested in helping out.

I cant think of any questions apart from would it work like www.filerush.com at all?

Not exactly I will contact you via pm tommorow to discuss this more ( just waiting for the dns to resolve, and get the site in some sort of presentable order ).

I will contact everyone tommorow who wish to help, and give details of the site.

ComradeBadger said:
We'd appriciate if you'd ask the staff here first for permission to advertise.

Hi sorry I didn't mean to offend I din't leave any website or anything was more of a request for assistance with a project to make HL2 files much more accesable to the global community, and make it so people can see in a clear to view wat what is available. anyway sorry for the speel if this is out of order please close the topic. ( I would rather the assistance though )

Who would I speak to to make this ok ?

BoNfiRe said:
Hi sorry I didn't mean to offend I din't leave any website or anything was more of a request for assistance with a project to make HL2 files much more accesable to the global community, and make it so people can see in a clear to view wat what is available. anyway sorry for the speel if this is out of order please close the topic. ( I would rather the assistance though )

Who would I speak to to make this ok ?
Just PM a member of staff.

I'll let it slip this time :)

ok I have pmed you all still looking for uploaders though ;)

any offers ? :D

Thanks again all

B

I'd be glad to be a mod. I'm capable of creating my own torrents and seeding as much as you need me to. 8]

Just curious, have you talked to VALVe about this? I would hate for you to put this site up and then valve forces you to take it down.

Because last I checked you couldn't host .GCF files anywhere (I'm pretty sure it's in the steam ToS) so before you start hosting anything, I highly advise you to check with VALVe before hosting any of their files/games!

Cheers and good luck! :)

glitched_firewal you sound fairly irresponsible... They have to inform valve.... I mean it's like making a mod on copyrighted material.... Those who never ask for permission almost always get asked to shut down due to copyright infringement... However those who do ask most of the time get the go-ahead and so then they can have a lot more freedom and can truly make the mod they want to make.

I mean VALVe reads these boards glithced_firewal so valve will know about this sooner or later, they don't have a deaf ear to the community :)

Oh and are you saying I'm going to tell them? Why? It's none of my business.... If BoNfire doesn't ask he risks the entire thing getting shut down, which is why he should ask before hosting VALVe content.

Well either way, if valve gives you the thumbs down for hosting their content, you can always host mod content! :D

I'll gladly become a moderator! Just give me a PM. I'm also going to start putting together mods, I'll start small for practice.

i don't think a distribution site has to get permission, since it's the modmakers who are making the content.

Let me be the first to volounteer as an uploader...

Iced_Eagle said:
Just curious, have you talked to VALVe about this? I would hate for you to put this site up and then valve forces you to take it down.

Because last I checked you couldn't host .GCF files anywhere (I'm pretty sure it's in the steam ToS) so before you start hosting anything, I highly advise you to check with VALVe before hosting any of their files/games!

Cheers and good luck! :)

Maybe I didn't make it clear but it's only for source, mods, maps, and some other stuff but what I aim @ doing is making it possible for modders to hit there mods to a large community all @ once rather than the gamer searching different sites.

Ohhhh kay.

In your first post you said that you would be distributing counter-strike and all that so thus you would need valve's permision for that.

Alright my bad, I guess, carry on :) I'll definetely keep a look-out for this as another distribution for the ES2 team :)

well would like to keep you all updated :)

and dumbass me should have made it clearer :p

BoNfiRe said:
well would like to keep you all updated :)

and dumbass me should have made it clearer :p

Well quoting myself so soon but the site is up if not a little bare but you can view it in my oop maybe not my signature lol try my profile :bounce:

Back