HL2 vid in the making.

Cyphersphere said:
Yes you do see 2 frames at once in a couple of the segments... I'm not sure wether or not it was all of the movement being calculated or the actual recording... but my framerate was at a constant 30-32 fps while recording...
yeah, fraps writes constant 30fps to the harddrive
HOWEVER
if hl2 takes more then 1/30 second to calculate a frame, then fraps will capture the previous frame and you got the same frame twice.
thats where the choppines is from
skater4evr5 said:
and how exactly would i go about capturing frameconstant in game?
someone please lend this guy some braincells :/

jacen said:
yeah, fraps writes constant 30fps to the harddrive
HOWEVER
if hl2 takes more then 1/30 second to calculate a frame, then fraps will capture the previous frame and you got the same frame twice.
thats where the choppines is from

someone please lend this guy some braincells :/

wtf im just suposed to be born knowing how to do this ?
:LOL:

you are confusing. :rolling:
I just read every word on the 2nd page. And no talk about frameconstant???? What is it and what does it do and how can I enable it ?

skater4evr5 said:
you are confusing. :rolling:
I just read every word on the 2nd page. And no talk about frameconstant???? What is it and what does it do and how can I enable it ?
no need to enable it
just take a guess what
"host_framerate 30"
does

YOUR RIGHT

it limits the frames on the server to 30 fps (when you are playing back demos, you are acting as a server). and if you "startmovie" then every frame will be written to the hd. no matter how long it takes to calculate or write the frame down to hd.

thus u allways have 30 frames in 1 second of gameplay.

Back