Hl2 vs. GTA: San Andreas (not a vs. thread)

poseyjmac said:
you should whip out your imaginary manipulator and take their imaginary weapons from them

No it's funny though because one day during spanish class they were doing it to eachother and being retarded (there twin brothers btw). All the kids saw them doing it except the teacher and so they pretend to throw a grenade at my friend; my friend moved around in my desk and was like AHH U GOT ME! Then everyone in the class started laughing at them and the teacher just shook her head like "****ing nerds" it was hilarious. Till this day they havn't done that shit since, too embaressed i guess...

Well sorry i did forget to mention morrowind. The Sims you can't kill yout neighbors so just cross that out! :p

I've had this new GTA for the last week now and after starting gaming about 15+ years ago I can safely say that it is the best game ever made. HL2 will have to be more than a bit special to beat it. Personally I don't think it will. The story telling focus of Half-life doesn't lend itself to the freeform gameplay of GTA.

Ok the graphics aren't the best, but the sheer amount of quality gameplay elements make the graphics problems redundant.

I thought they may have tried to add too much into the game and made it messy, but I was wrong. Everything fits together perfectly. Added to the previous games freeform playing style makes it the best game ever for me (PC Gamer UK voted Vice City the No 1 PC game of the last 10 years or something and this blows VIce City so far out of the water).

The PC version will no doubt reduce (probably elimate) the graphics problems then it will be perfect.

I could go on for ever about all the cool things in san andreas (the inclusion of the countryside for example, master stroke, makes it feel like a living world as well as other things) but you should really play this game.

Right Rockstar, where's my money for all this brown nosing?

ne0_shiny said:
ohh so its nitrous oxide
well thats what i think its called
some people i talked to say that its not nitrous oxide cuz thats what they use for dentists/....

NO = nitrous oxide

N2O = Nitrous Oxide (as in 2 x Nitrogen and 1 x Oxygen atoms) = NOS <--(think H20)

the two different bondings make the difference between the Nitrous Oxide which Dentists use and NOS which is used as a propellant..... :cheers: It doesn't need any more explaining than that.. because you don't want to know...

PlasmaBurnz said:
(PC Gamer UK voted Vice City the No 1 PC game of the last 10 years or something and this blows VIce City so far out of the water).

Not that I recall. It was voted best PC Game in one year's Top 100, but HL1 had that title for about 4 years previously.

GTA games are ok to start with, but they tend to get boring after a while. Once the hype has died down, I think a lot of people tend to see that it's a lot of fuss about nothing. From what I've seen, San Andreas offers quite a few interesting things to gaming, but it isn't revolutionary. When it comes out on PC, I am positive it will get much lower reviews, as will Halo 2. The expectations for consoles and PCs are very different, so it's difficult to compare them. In the end though, it's down to what you enjoy the most. This is only my opinion...

PlasmaBurnz said:
I've had this new GTA for the last week now and after starting gaming about 15+ years ago I can safely say that it is the best game ever made.

Yeah i played it yesterday for 5 hours straight just mucking around and getting buff. I can say that game is easily one of the funnest games ever

[sl@yer] said:
Not that I recall. It was voted best PC Game in one year's Top 100, but HL1 had that title for about 4 years previously.

I knew it was one or the other. I don't have the mag sat in front of me so I took a guess. But still.

I think GTA:SA kicks ass, easily the best GTA game yet. There are some disappearing vehicle issues that still need improvement though. First, cars still disappear from my garages occasionally. Garages shouldn't have a strict number limit on cars you can put into them. You should be able to put as many in as you can fit.

Second, sometimes when I leave a vehicle somewhere and walk less than a block away, I turn around and the car is gone. Also, random cars driving on the road disappear when they leave your view. This means you can't chase after a certain car once you see it go out of sight. These are probably issues that have to do with the PS2's limited memory, but they still get annoying.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a GTA-type game on the Source engine. Apparently very big maps can be made in Source, but then you would have to cut back the density of physics entities. If you are going to make very large maps with sparsely placed physics objects and don't mind not having the facial expression technology, then you might as well use the Battlefield 2 engine or something.

Admin_Winnuting said:
My bro is a halo fan and got it on xbox, I copied a friends game on pc at a lan party.

OH NOEESSSS!!!!! WARRREZZZZZ!!!! BURN THE WITCH!!!!

/sarcasm

galoot3000 said:
well, i found this to be pretty funny. Some kid in my english class and i got in an arguement over video games. here it is:

:)

It sounds like he got the Playstation version? You should of shown him how to play. And besides I take it he hasn't seen the Binks of HL2 :naughty:

The game is great did buy it to .but you cannot compair it to hl2, when you have ps2 buy it think you like it.

<?>..::ButcheR::

DEATH eVADER said:
It sounds like he got the Playstation version? You should of shown him how to play. And besides I take it he hasn't seen the Binks of HL2 :naughty:

I played HL on the PS2 first...there is nothing wrong with it.

I've never enjoyed GTA games... they just bore me. All the kids are saying how awesome it is and everything, and how much they're looking forward to Halo2... I haven't once heard HL2 mentioned :( I don't even think they know about it.

Thats because most kids can't afford there own gaming PC and their parent's PCs most of the time aren't gaming PCs.

Consoles are a great alternative for kids (I'm not saying consoles are kids toys tho).

Console games are always going to be more highly anticipated than PC games because of this.

Half-life 2 will still sell by the bucket load and as long as valve make enough to guarentee me a sequel I'm not that bothered if it's not the best selling game ever.

Alix Mcdean said:
Dude seriously, just shoot the kid in the face with a spork next time you see him.
Kthx.
-Alix

Funniest. Visual. Ever!!

/Me wants spork shooter right now!! :sniper:

Tyrsenus said:
I think in terms of length GTA takes the cake. Its supposed to take 150+ hours to finish.

In terms of longevity, HL2 takes the cake. 4-7 years of solid mods.

so am i the only one who thought that sounded fake as ****...

Back