HL2 vs HL2 Ep. 2

Whatthecell

Reaction score
Which game is better? The original Half-Life 2, or Half-Life 2: Episode 2?
Just wanna know you opinions.

I love both of them equally, which is to say I love them so much I could not possibly love one over the other.

For me there is not a Half-Life game that is better than the other - I love em' all!
Funny thing is, I've been a Half-Life fan for a year now and I feel as if I've been a fan of the games since 98'.. heh.

For me it's HL2. The atmosphere during the chapters when you're in the city (beginning and ending)/canals does it for me. Only wish there were more chapters inside the city in HL2. Strangely, I wasn't too crazy over ep1. Felt too mellow for what just happened in the story.

HL2 if not just for the C17/canals environments. When I first started playing the game, I thought it took place in some place like Newark, NJ.

Usually what I'm playing at the time is the better. As in if I'm playing HL2 by comparison my mind thinks that it's superior, but the same applies to any other Half-Life game.

I guess that means I consider them all equal, doesn't it?

They are different in a way. HL2 is diverse and epic, whereas EP2 is short and sweet.

I like the Episodes much better than Half-Life 2. The characters have much better character development and the story is just more interesting in my opinion. Plus, I absolutely HATE the vehicles. Instead of drive-stop-fight-drive, HL2 was just a lot of driving all at once and just isn't that fun.

In all honesty, I came pretty close from never playing through the Half-Life series just because I hated the air-boat. Thank goodness I decided to just suffer through it. :p

Hard for me to say, since Episode 2 really is an extension for Half-Life 2. And I like them both. And even though I liked Episode 1, I liked Episode 2 much better. It managed to take you out of the city and into different environments. It was cool to have a Vortigaunt sidekick for awhile and I liked the vehicle parts of the game (which was much like Highway 17 again but out in the countryside, and Highway 17 was one of my most favorite parts of the game). Oh, and the Combine Hunters were both cool and a fun challenge.

Both games are equally great in story, but I felt like I had more interaction with the characters in Episode Two than in Half-Life 2. Plus, Episode Two's ending made a bigger impact on me.

episode 2 was pretty much non-stop action. From alyx getting pwned and almost getting killed by an advisor TWICE. And don't let me even get started about the gman scene as the best one ever. I can still here "Prepare... for unforeseen consequences".

Both had too many damn ant lions, but I'd have to say HL2 clearly wins this one. It has more of everything, how could it be worse?

For me, Ep2 doesn't really start clicking until you get past the ant lions, which is a significant portion of the game.

Also, I have to say I think Ep1 is terrifically underrated. Minute for minute it just might be the best of the series.

I love them all, the Story is just so great as the game is to play. Maybe the Citadel part in the beginning of EP1 is my fave, I loved the design and the pure size of that thing.

Love them both over all other games (yes, like it more than CoD 6! xD) but, I
think HL2 because of ravenholm and the atmosphere on Half Life 2.

btw: Episode 2 is better than episode 1 :p

Half life 2 is very good - enviroment, action, puzzles, story.
Episode 2 is mostly shootouts but has a better character development along with episode1.

Both games are great.

Back