HL2 will not be late

IchI

Reaction score
I was just thinking and because they are relasing it over steam. All the will need is 1 copy on each server to share it across. If u think about it all they need to do is share put the file onto a computer then share it. So all this stuff about hl2 been late can't be true. Its just to simple of a thing for them to not be able to press a button on the 30th of september. What u think? tbh I don;t think its gunna be late at all. I just think its somone on the suplyer end making up bs.

was there any doubt in the first place, 30th of september is all we've been told all along....the only reason ppl are worried about the date is because some stupid moron started a delay rumour, and then it just spread...

yea you are right man.

i reacon it could be a day late like oct 1st of early oct. but i so hope it is not gonna delay

Getting the game finished is the reason it would be pushed back.

Not because they can't ship it or allow people to download it.

:cheers:

ichi I do trust it will be out 30sep....you're reasoning is faulty though...if there was a delay it could be because the game simply wasn't ready to ship(bugs etc.)

Obviously I hope/want it to be released September 30th, but of course there is that little bug nagging me in the back of mind about whether it will be delayed or not. I think it will defintely be avaliable on Steam on September 30th as well as the US perhaps, but if the worse comes to the worst, we'll have to wait a few days for the actual game to get the stores rather than just off Steam.

People, it will be released on Sept. 30th on Steam, and be out on store shelves Sept. 30th. Calm down, everyone will get it the same time.

that's a LIE!!! and you know it!

some will get it sooner or later in the day than others....it's not like we're synchronized or something!!!11!!

LIAR!!!!!!

ps. :p

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
that's a LIE!!! and you know it!

some will get it sooner or later in the day than others....it's not like we're synchronized or something!!!11!!

LIAR!!!!!!

ps. :p

lol :cheers: You know what I meant tho...lol

if i were gabe i'd stand up and make a statement saying.

there is no godamn delay! and if there is you have permission to come to my house and shoot me, now clam down!

And yet, Fragmaster still seems to know something we dont:

"It's going to become very clear, very soon that Half-Life 2 is going to slip and miss its original September 30th release date. "

from PHL

lets just not hold are breath...

wasnt half life1 delayed a whole entire year?

wasnt half life1 delayed a whole entire year?

yes, but that was because valve decided to rewrite the game, etc.

This isn't half-life 1, and second, it's way to close to the gold date to delay now. Third, they've had 5 years to produce the game before it was even announced

EDIT: I just read what fragmaster said on PHL, it says
It's going to become very clear, very soon that Half-Life 2 is going to slip and miss its original September 30th release date
this is utter bullshit, I hate that asshole and I can't wait to watch him act like an idiot and hand out free HL2 copies

Man that moron is the biggest reason ppl and gameshops alike jump to the ****ing conclusion that HL2 is going to be delayed, for christ sake, there's 24 days till its release date!!...steam is also going "gold" just in the right time....i'd say if nothing else this is a giant ****ing proof that HL2 is coming out on the 30th...IN YOUR FACE FRAGMASTER....BIATCH!1

b'day is on the 12th, hl comes out on 30th, i see it kinda as a b'day present :D

Fragmaster just dosn't know when to shutup. I mean, it's like this.
Fagmaster: Gabe, tell me Half-Life 2 is not delayed.
Gabe: Half-Life 2 is NOT!!!!!!! delayed.
Fragmaster: Delayed? YUo SaID DELAYED!!>!!?!?! UR DELAYING!>!?!?!
HALF_LIFe 2 is delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey dood, fragmaster is a goon, he will come back and own us all.

Originally posted by FoB_Ed

I hate that asshole and I can't wait to watch him act like an idiot and hand out free HL2 copies

The thing is hes gotta know more than your average Joe, so maybe he wont have to hand out free copies.

i seriously doubt that he knows anything....

jesus christ this guy must've been housed at CIA's headquarters getting ESP training...for ****s sake he does'nt know squad!!...he's just being a persistant **** and he should'nt be in "charge" of PHL in the 1st place.

[btw i'm really getting mighty tired of all the ppl who believe this shithead, i mean come' on are you gonna believe this ignorant moron...who does'nt btw have a shred of evidence to back up his theory--over the fact that valve has clearly told us ITS COMING THE 30th of SEPTEMBER.!!

Yea, they should release the benchmark via Steam on its offical full release on Sept. 10th.

Originally posted by scribblehead
i seriously doubt that he knows anything....

jesus christ this guy must've been housed at CIA's headquarters getting ESP training...for ****s sake he does'nt know squad!!...he's just being a persistant **** and he should'nt be in "charge" of PHL in the 1st place.

[btw i'm really getting mighty tired of all the ppl who believe this shithead, i mean come' on are you gonna believe this ignorant moron...who does'nt btw have a shred of evidence to back up his theory--over the fact that valve has clearly told us ITS COMING THE 30th of SEPTEMBER.!!

Well he would be much better informed than we would, seeing is how hes running PHL. and also, and here come the flames, I refuse to believe Sept. 30 until I see a press release, or have word straight from Gabe (sorry Doug and Greg ;) ) Theyve said the game is still targeted for Sept.30, not that the game will 100% sure be there on the 30th.

Man, get off fragmaster's back. Go to http://www.somethingawful.com/firemancomics/flash.htm and watch some of his GLORIOUS flash movies.
Hilarious! Then watch his movies at phl.com/hl2. How can you hate him after seeing those?

Maybe he was just baiting you all with that comment of his, in which case he succeeded spectacularly. it's just the internet.

In case Valve couldn't release on the 30th, say, because the gold date came too late and the can't get it shipped to stores, then I doubt Valve would release it on Steam weeks before it came to stores. That would just piss Vivendi off too much.

If ya ask me, rumors start by*mutters off unto another topic.
In other words, a...*mutters off again.
Now, where was I? Oh yea, who else has herpes?

All will become clear in due course... I'm waiting to see if it goes gold in the next week or so.

Alzxul--- nice sig, great game!!

Here is a question for you all...

I have a feeling that HL2 willbe released substantially early on STEAM only before the boxed version comes out.

Would you a) Wait for the boxed version or b) Just get it on steam?

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Here is a question for you all...

I have a feeling that HL2 willbe released substantially early on STEAM only before the boxed version comes out.

Would you a) Wait for the boxed version or b) Just get it on steam?
Your feeling is wrong, check the Valve info thread.

Just for the record it seems fragmaster has changed "the geiger counter" editorial....he has supposedly removed the part where he blasphemously rants about the end is near... now it just say this:

With all the hype, misinformation, and nonsense surrounding HL2, we failed to notice earlier that Valve quietly announced plans to basically make Steam required for playing Half-Life online. This is pretty huge. Is it a change for the better? In some ways, yeah, absolutely. In other ways... we're not so sure.
The transition officially kicks off 11 am PDT on Wednesday, when the first non-Beta version of the Steam client is released. Just to clarify (since there's been a lot of confusion), Steam is free, and you should still be able to play HL through third-party server browsers.

did he come to his senses, i think so :cheese:

Does anyone know when "Codename: Gorden" comes out?
It is a 2D- HL2 flash game. http://www.halflife2d.com/

They say it would come out on 1 September but I didn't find anything.

well the game has been finished. They are just play testing it now. They started doing that about 1 week ago. So I can't see it been delayed if as u said the shipping is not the problem.

But what if they find a bug with the play testing, that would suck.

You always find bugs when play testing, therefor you then fix it, they are right now probably doing a 7 day shift to get it ready for shipping off to Sierra so they can test it for a few days, they have probably 8 more days before they have to send it off to Sierra IMO. I think they are on task :)

even if the game is released on the 30th of Sept. it wont reach stores here until 1 day-1week later :p i hate that about Best Buy, you wait for a release date then you walk in and they say they don't have it :p bullshit, i used to work there and they have them in back but sometimes are too lazy.

maybe gamestop/babbages will be trustworthy for the 30th

If it were intended on hitting store shelves on Sept. 30th, then the game would ship from the factory Sept. 27th - 28th to all stores around the country/world priority.

Back