HL2 wins Gamespy's PC GOTY

hmm....I thought everyone said Gamespy sucks at giving awards? So who won GOTY?

pieman said:
and the bloom effect award (i think).

Yeah, it's the bloom effect that won the award, not Half Life 2. HL2 just happens to use it (and it's one of many games that do).

Anyway, yeah, happy to see the results. Should be interesting to see where HL2 places in the Top Ten Games of the year.

Warlock said:
Yeah, it's the bloom effect that won the award, not Half Life 2. HL2 just happens to use it (and it's one of many games that do).

Anyway, yeah, happy to see the results. Should be interesting to see where HL2 places in the Top Ten Games of the year.

They did mention Halflife 2 for pulling it off nicely though.

oberGeist said:
now we just have to wait for overall GOTY

whats the story with overall goty? i know hl2 has been given many pc goty awards but is there a seperate awards for overall? is it basically just another list (from sites like ign, gamespot etc)? who is the most respected award giver?

Ya this was posted one the front page and in the forums. Plz look before posting.

Sars said:
whats the story with overall goty? i know hl2 has been given many pc goty awards but is there a seperate awards for overall? is it basically just another list (from sites like ign, gamespot etc)? who is the most respected award giver?

Gamespy's Overall GOTY 2004
Nominees are games from all platforms and genres

Back