HL2: Wont load Black Mesa East - end of water hazard

clemsnyde

Reaction score
Hey, just bought orange box the other day, playing through HL2 all today and as I go to finish Water Hazard by flying through the Dam at the end of the level, it wont load the next level. I land down and can drive down there, but won't load the next level!

I've tried restarting HL2, as well as 'Verify Integrity of Game Files', plus loaded a save from a previous 'level' (ie before a quick LOADING), but same thing.

Help! Or is there a way I can just load Black Mesa East from console or something?

So it doesn't load when you've just landed in the water after dropping down the dam?

Hmm. Have you tried verifying? [edit] - Yes you have! Umm, I was just going to suggest going back a few saves, but you've tried that too :/

Have you tried verifying that you are indeed playing Half-Life 2, and not just having one of those frustrating dreams where you're trying to do something rather simple but you just can't quite do it?

Have you attempted skipping the level via console command?

Yay! I fixed mine just then. Had to go into chapter select and do the water hazard scene from the start. When I landed in the water it loaded, no more weird skybox for me :D

Back