HL2_Psyche.exe secrets

coZ

Reaction score
*Warning first image might be a spoiler*

Hey everyone this is my first thread so go easy on me…

I just went and watched that “hl2_psyche.exe” movie and I noticed it had some hidden text that flashes past the screen. I’ve taken some screenshots and changed the levels of the image so you can see the text… I’m not sure if this has been studied and looked at but here they are anyways… maybe someone with abit of maths can figure out what theory is shown.

The first shot has something to do with the plot so I’m not sure if u want to check that one.

http://users.on.net/cosimo/clue01.jpg <--- *Spoiler*
http://users.on.net/cosimo/clue02.jpg
http://users.on.net/cosimo/clue03.jpg
http://users.on.net/cosimo/clue04.jpg

Post your thoughts...

this has been discussed before, i dont remember the conclusion exactly...

Those math equations are new.

Where is Neutrino or Lavisco when you need them?

you can make the images more easy to see?
cuz sure are interesting things in the images too

This is way old news. I think the conclusion was that Gordon has been in either a coma or some sort of stasis.

I seem to remember that those equations were to do with Quantum Wave Mechanics. And someone came up with a really implausible theory why.

blahblahblah said:
Yes, let him bring up a 5 month old thread so you can call him a thread necro. That's the way to go.

Anyways, we haven't seen a clear screenshots of those math equations. Perhaps they mean something.

He could have read it to see what was concluded from the information. He didn't have to post in it....

hey coZ you can post the rare images that appear in that video?

Yeah, old

btw,

Hello and Welcome!

*courtesy of Erestheux*

<RJMC> said:
hey coZ you can post the rare images that appear in that video?
yeh ill zip them up for ya and link ya in about 5-10 min...

btw sorry for posting about old news...

ok that third image, its a robot, one of the new enemies we'll see in hl2. its been discovered both through an email, and through the leak. thats the 3rd pic in coz's nice lineup.

this is my take on the matter that i posted awhile ago when the video first came out:

"Requirements of...eyond current threshold for amgydalic suppressi..." i think this has a lot to do with whats been happening to gordon during his coma, or whatever has been happening to him. the amygdala is an almond shaped structure of the brain lying below the surface of the cortex in the tip of the temporal lobe. it is the structure of the brain associated with forming, recognizing, and remembering emotional experiences. its primary role is to attach emotional feelings to events or situations, especially those involving fear, panic, danger or anxiety. im a psychology student and i recognized its importance, and after revewing my text, i couldnt help but think that this is quite possibly something that "they" would try to do to gordon. amgydalic supression would obviously be beneficial to the gman, because it would be a good way for him to control gordon, especially when he had plans for dropping him into another hostile situation; city 17. perhaps by supressing his obvious conditioned response of fear he acquired in the black mesa incident, hes trying to turn gordon into a fighter once again for use in city 17. by erasing his emotional attachment to those hostile situations gordon wouldnt be at risk for having a mental breakdown when faced with a similar situation. this suppression which is "beyond current threshold" would also explain the supposed flashbacks gordon will have, as was revealed by someone at valve.

I see that the horse statue appear there so maybe that will mean something?

<RJMC> said:
I see that the horse statue appear there so maybe that will mean something?

the horse statue is in city 17... its in many of the screenshots that were released over the past year or so :)

isn't it a replica or based on a real monument or something?
the horse statue(s?)...

wow kaf thats the most well thought out plausible explanation for the text i have heard yet. Good luck on your Phd thesis, i think you will do well =)

kaf11 said:
this is my take on the matter that i posted awhile ago when the video first came out:

"Requirements of...eyond current threshold for amgydalic suppressi..." i think this has a lot to do with whats been happening to gordon during his coma, or whatever has been happening to him. the amygdala is an almond shaped structure of the brain lying below the surface of the cortex in the tip of the temporal lobe. it is the structure of the brain associated with forming, recognizing, and remembering emotional experiences. its primary role is to attach emotional feelings to events or situations, especially those involving fear, panic, danger or anxiety. im a psychology student and i recognized its importance, and after revewing my text, i couldnt help but think that this is quite possibly something that "they" would try to do to gordon. amgydalic supression would obviously be beneficial to the gman, because it would be a good way for him to control gordon, especially when he had plans for dropping him into another hostile situation; city 17. perhaps by supressing his obvious conditioned response of fear he acquired in the black mesa incident, hes trying to turn gordon into a fighter once again for use in city 17. by erasing his emotional attachment to those hostile situations gordon wouldnt be at risk for having a mental breakdown when faced with a similar situation. this suppression which is "beyond current threshold" would also explain the supposed flashbacks gordon will have, as was revealed by someone at valve.

Maybe Gordon's been under the G-Mans (or whoever) control this entire time. Including at Black Mesa. Maybe he's a trained fighter, thats why a simple scientist was able to take on aliens and the other events of black mesa. Kind of like a Bourne Identity thing.
He doesn't know why he's such a killing machine.

Man I'm excited for the story of HL2.

hmm.. no harm in re-visiting old screen shots/videos.
this way..something new might be discovered.. plus not all members here have been with us from the start.. and so im sure this is news to somebody here :p

Yeah! those pics are waayyy better than the ones we had in previous threads. I think this is worth looking in to again.

Guinny you should put that in spoilers, not everyone knows that or wants to know that

A picture of a robot can be considered a spoiler? Surely not.

Tyrsenus said:
This is way old news. I think the conclusion was that Gordon has been in either a coma or some sort of stasis.

ARR YOU RUINED IT! :(

ARR YOU RUINED IT!
Sorry, I figured it out by my own deduction. At least I only spoiled that little for you. (edits and puts spoiler tags in)

Feath said:
I seem to remember that those equations were to do with Quantum Wave Mechanics. And someone came up with a really implausible theory why.

Yeah, that's because they used the greek letter psi and there's some (spurious) "hbar"s and "i"s in there. That equation is called an "advection equation", which is a simple kind of wave equation. The massless Dirac equation (relativistic quantum mechanics) kind of looks like an advection equation, but that's more of a notational effect than a physical one.

The only one of there 20 screenies(including #13) was the first one. Thanks man!

killahsin-[CE] said:
wow kaf thats the most well thought out plausible explanation for the text i have heard yet. Good luck on your Phd thesis, i think you will do well =)
haha, thanks. i try.

Wow, these screenshots are much better than any I've ever seen of the Psyche video.

Great job, man. Great job! Now if only I understood mathematics...

Good job CoZ
BTW:I'm new to the forums as well :)
...I never knew anything about a robot being in the game...thnx for the spoiler...

Back