HL2_TechDemo Easter Egg Hunt - Gone GOLD

Alright, let me set up my server. Add my name to Steam Friends and you will see what server I am in when I make it.

Search for Nick: Adam Name: Adam Last: Sierra

I will authorise you, and then my name will appear in your list with the server information that I am in.

Originally posted by Adam
Alright, let me set up my server. Add my name to Steam Friends and you will see what server I am in when I make it.

Search for Nick: Adam Name: Adam Last: Sierra

I will authorise you, and then my name will appear in your list with the server information that I am in.
Alright. See ya there. :)

BTW, does anyone know how to get the HD Pack to work? As far as I knew, I just had to stick pak1.pak in the VALVe folder. Anyone know something that I don't?

All bugs are finaly fixed.
Test run was successful.
I'm doing a final full compile which will only take 10 mins.

I will post a download location right after.
Anyone who would be kind enough to mirror the map, please PM me.
Im going to PM the admins to see if they can host the map also.

Thanks.

Just got back from watching TV so you may already have mirrors, but I can provide an unlimited bandwidth mirror of the map.

[email protected]

Haha... I found my avatar LAST... but I'm right where I belong... right under the G-MAN! Mwhahaha! I'm the pedestal!

Pop machine goes down... then UP! Then BOOM!

just went through it, still got about 10 left to get AWSOME WORK ADAM

The story of how I found my avatar

When i started the map, i was pretty optimistic that my avatar was in there somewhere. I went through, found most of them, and started to get a little depressed because I thought mine wasnt included. I used impulse 101 and i just started firing rockets randomly. on my first shot i fired, the rocket sways way to the right of where i shot it, the wall explodes, and there is my avatar, in its own little spot. God bless you adam!

What is impulse 101 anyway? I typed it in but it didn't seem to do anything?

I cant find mt avatar, or half of them for that matter

Tredoslop's avatar MOVES still... hehe... not to mention it's huge...

How do I turn on impulse 101, ive never cheated before.

Hehe, very kickass map (I like how the pop machine explodes :D) I've found all avatars except for 10 or so (including mine - I'm still looking for that one). Very nice work.

Argh .. I found everybody's except mine. :flame: :flame:

Let me know if you see it ....

Attachments

• ld2.jpg
    ld2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 418
AMAZING MAP. Awesome. Thanks for including mine. (Kind of a neat spot... at least it wasn't in the open. :D)

I've yet to find maybe 10 or so, and that teleportation area, once I find that out I'm sure the avatar search will conclude very shortly... :p

Also, it's mirrored at http://www.omlette.net/hl2_techdemo_eggs.zip

Has anyone found my avatar, or did Adam leave one of the most important people out.

Okay, I'm missing 14.
Hudson - LUCKY BASTARD, you have a really cool spot. Mine is nearby... :)

did anyone find mine? since im half lifeless i have to wait to pick it up from the store :(

How do you get on top of the balcony in the second room?

And what's past the gate?

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
HOLY CRAP THIS BADGER BADGER SONG IS ADDICTIVE AS HELL!

i agree, i've been listening to it for at least 10 mins now hahahaha

Originally posted by jAkUp
did anyone find mine? since im half lifeless i have to wait to pick it up from the store :(
Yeah I saw yours in there, you have to shoot the exit door.

You can destroy the gate, and the door if you hit it long enough. Also there are hidden ladders attached to the walls. And a hidden teleporter in the first main area where the avatar displayer is.

Hope that helps.

If I can find out how to teleport into that DAMN secret room. (No one spoil it for me, please.)

You can destroy the gate, and the door if you hit it long enough. Also there are hidden ladders attached to the walls. And a hidden teleporter in the first main area where the avatar displayer is.

Hope that helps.

Is there a ladder that heads up to where the pachinko started? and is the teleporter in the water?

Missing 5... please feel free to give HINTS, but DO NOT SPOIL THEM. Thank you.

Attachments

82.9 KB · Views: 354
im having some trouble with those bottom ones too ...

HINT: there is one under somebody

LOOK WAHT I FOUND

LOOK WAHT I FOUND
HEHE
i need 12 more but i cant find them i even went to those walls :(

Attachments

• hl2_techdemo20006.jpg
    hl2_techdemo20006.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 363
Re: LOOK WAHT I FOUND

Originally posted by Estevan
LOOK WAHT I FOUND
HEHE
i need 12 more but i cant find them i even went to those walls :(

This map is so much more complex than anyone could have hoped for, great job Adam. BTW, is that Zombie really in the map, or a spawn cheat?

- omlette

hey adam thx for putting my (old)avatar in... ill go look for that teleporter...

i admit i cheated to get to the top of the "doom 3 got owned" room.... but damn that charge up gun wasnt boosting me

Originally posted by omlette
Missing 5... please feel free to give HINTS, but DO NOT SPOIL THEM. Thank you.

Grr, I still can't find mine. Can you remember vaguely where you found it? Maybe even the general area or room where it was located? (Mine is in the second row, second column from the right.)

Err, I have a bit of a problem... I have no Valve/sound folder!

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
Err, I have a bit of a problem... I have no Valve/sound folder!
Make it...

(I didn't even have a 'maps' one)

edit: That sounded kind of gay.

Back