HL2D Codename Gordon

Vigilante

Reaction score
What happened to this game? The site just kinda went out of existence and nothing has been mentioned about it (at least that I've seen). Is the game out? I've really wanted to play this game. :cheers:

that site will never load for me...is it just me or is the site non existent now?

It's always supposed to be out soon.. Damn if people can't get a little thing like this completed then whats the chances of these big complex mods for HL2 ever being done :\

Well he says he's finnished the first beta. Personally I would have thought a project like this would have been quite hard to do on your own, especialy if you look at some of the features that are supposedly in it.

He(Don't remember his name, he's one of the two devs) posted a forum reply some weeks ago, Norton Anti-Virus deleted his copy of the game.:\

I hope he have/had backups.

this proves that NO GOOD CAN COME FROM INSTALLING NORTON.

I tried installing norton a few weeks back... 5 minutes later I was vainly trying to clear all traces from my computer.

nortons ok....

on a related note, i heard the HL2D: Codename Gordon source code was stolen and is not all over IRC.

Norton works wonders if you take 2 minutes to configure it. I've used Norton since 1996, had about 4 different versions, never had any trouble..

heyhey ...

The game is on the best way to be released. ..

And nothing was stolen or leaked ;) ...

HL2D has now finished all Beta testing and the people are just translating All the speech to all languages! :D

So give them a week guys :D

X-Tender said:
Well, there are still some bugs, but only small. ..
I hope this thing is going to be big.. if its just a couple of levels your gonna get lynched I bet :)

can't wait for this game :D

I seen screens, movie clips. Looks so great!

looks like it has been going for sometime. and the levels look outstanding for a 2D *FREE* game to dl! :D.

i keep going to the site but the news hardly updates which is a big shame. I just hope the game is released SOON!

Ohhh...
*Varg jumps up and down on the floor*
Gimme! Gimme!

yea i seen the wallpaper pic and it has strider, gravity gun, some puzzles...............BUGGY!!!!!!!

g-man (i saw a pic of him lol) combine, zombie, head crab...........Barney, Aylx (seen a pic again)...

errrm that flying ship thing. gonna be cool.

can't wait :D

X-TENDER will it be this week!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry ... no ... we currently doesnt know an RELEASEDATE! ...

ok i don't get it then!?

I mean you finished the Beta testing...all you have to do is translate the languages and you still don't know the release date!?

GRRR GRR GRRR GRRR GRR

hehe sorry.

ok ok...PLZ PLZ at least up date your site with 2-5 new screens at LEAST! hehe

The translation is done .... i only ahve to fix bugs and add some sounds .. likefor the manhacks, ambiente .. ect. ...

Oh....?

i thought you said it was done?

Oh dam it.

Well hay can't wait for the release :).

Can i ask you a few questions??

1) When did you start making the level?

2) How many Are involved in making the game?

3) How many levels are there?

4) Can you Hear the speech or does it just appear on the screen above the persons head?

5) Will there or is there any Easter Eggs or maybe a hidden level/areas?

6) release this month?

hehe

Wow this game still hasnt been finished yet?
guess they are following the Valve trend

Lol, its a freaking flash game and its takin how long now? It must be an on and off project beacuse usually it only takes a month to put something like that together if you have all the sounds ready etc.

My friend made a silly FPS in flash in like 3 hours :p

@commando:

1) end of July
2) 2 .. Warbeast and myself
3) 6
4) Just Text ...
5) Currently no..
6) Probably not..

@coolio2man:
Yeah sure.. your "friend" is the best.. and we are baad .. LOL! .. freaky teenie ...

Be silent you peasants! :p

It's done when it's done, and when it's done it will be exellently done. Right, X-Tender?
*sits down and waits patiently*

6) Probably not..

probably not? i could have learnt flash and made hl2 in full 3d in that amount of time

well not really but this is the longest development time i have seen for 6 levels. However if these 6 levels turn out to be really really really fun i can forgive all

Aye, I agree with me first mate Badger 'ere.

He's making something for you, without demanding money or anything. Really, you should be thankful that he's doing it at all. Savvy?

[Must...stop...watching...Pirates of the Carribean]

Well, many people think thats easy to make a flash game in the free time .. without money support and with only 2 people ... with a quality like that.

That makes me realy saaad ... =/

Hey, even if it sucks, it will be something to be remembered for.
I hope not, just covering all fronts.

And thx for including PT on your language database, lots of ppl I know wouldn't play it if it was all EG.
Hoping for a great game, X-Tender.
BTW some of the topics in your forums are in some sort of alien language, I think its German, are you guys German?

Yes i'am an Alien .. eeeh German ... the "Big Discuss Thread" is tryed to hold in English, so there you will get many answers.

I suggest making a damn HL2 flash game yourself if you feel it's taking too long, and find out it's not as easy as you think.

Best of luck with the game X-Tender, it's looking great. Don't rush it :)

Back