[HL2DM Map Release] dm_Docks

ChronosWing

Reaction score
This is my first map for half-life/hl2 but surely won't be my last, I've had lots of experiance with unrealed and a few 3d programs so hammer was a breeze once I learned everything (oh the frustration). Well enough babbling on with the screenshots.
dmdocks00126ek.jpg

dmdocks00136wz.jpg

dmdocks00148hk.jpg

dmdocks00153tj.jpg

dmdocks00169mz.jpg

dmdocks00170bz.jpg

dmdocks00185uz.jpg

Download here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9002

Hope everyone likes it, would like constructive feedback, I don't appreciate flames. I know I posted this in custom mapping but I feel its more appropriate here, if thats a problem feel free to delete the other thread mods.

Looks neat.
Hope the water isnt going to make a difference in lag too badly.

And it looks like there are a lot of objects all over the place, if you make another I'd tone down the amount of stuff to throw around because more objects = more people using physics to kill = more physics calculations = more lag. Meh.

Not at 10 5 fps.
But yeah source is yay for physics...

dot dot dot

....where is everyone? That antlion sp map got people talking, but no ones replying to this one. Just looking/probably DLing, and leaving. :hmph:

meh more than likely, that and its 3am, maybe if my map was single player with rushes of striders coming in all directions more people would reply. On a side note I've counted all the physics stuff in the map and I think dm_overwatch has about twice as much stuff so it shouldn't be an issue.

dude even with 10 to 5 fps its fun
physics own its what makes hl2 dm so funny :p

btw why did make this thread and didnt put at the big mapie post thingy with READ THIS in front thats what its made for!?

neat map :D
hey u should try and do the op4_park map in source!
now that would so much fun! :)

It generally looks nice. My big issue is that the top of the map is just one big exact, perfect square. Looks kind of dumb. If you injected some more variety into it I think I'd like it more.

Meh, its my first map, I wasn't looking for variety just trying to make a map that works.

Yeah, it's a great map for a first map (although you have made maps in other engines before...), I just think that it looks quite meh right now because of the square. Just my opinion, though.

yah I have made maps in one other engine UnrealEd for Rune and I've had extensive work in 3dmax, but my maps were total garbage lol, this is the best map I've ever made.

that is pretty impressive for first map (first time with Hammer for that matter) :thumbs:

oh, and i didnt download it, just judging by the pics :p

Currently working on an update for the map should be out tommorow, fixing some bugs, made the house considerably bigger so its not so hectic, also adding real windows to the house and I put displacment maps on the dock posts they now look somewhat real, not blocky anymore. I think this will be my only update, but I'm assuming in the future I'll make a docks 2 with much more area to cover and not so square.

I played this map last night in "THE WAR ROOM" and I have to say.....it's pretty darn good. I had fun, there's one spawn point that's sticky though, can't move from it unless you jump......it's the one where you spawn on a rock in the corner of the map. Other than that, I had no complaints. Looks great, I'd like to see somebody make a gasworks Source map!

great map i must say, i was bored and it was 12 so i just started playing it by myselft. I put the pushscale to 20 and just blew myself up, typed kill into console a bunch of times and took a lot of screen shots

Skydmark1 said:
I played this map last night in "THE WAR ROOM" and I have to say.....it's pretty darn good. I had fun, there's one spawn point that's sticky though, can't move from it unless you jump......it's the one where you spawn on a rock in the corner of the map. Other than that, I had no complaints. Looks great, I'd like to see somebody make a gasworks Source map!

The rock spawn has been fixed, along with some other stuff, house is bigger now and has real windows and physics shutters :) they can be blown off and used as weapons. Compiling right now expect an updated release in about an hour or so.

Wow! I love the skybox, it fits the map perfectly!

But imo, you should add a 3d skybox to the map.

Is there a crossbow somewhere in the water? I think there should be. It's the only underwater weapon other than the pistol and I think you need one in a difficult area to reach just for all the underwater fights.

That, the sticky rock spawn, and the house's small size were the only things I thought needed improving. Good job. :cheers:

HadouKen24 said:
Is there a crossbow somewhere in the water? I think there should be. It's the only underwater weapon other than the pistol and I think you need one in a difficult area to reach just for all the underwater fights.

That, the sticky rock spawn, and the house's small size were the only things I thought needed improving. Good job. :cheers:

All being fixed, damn you for suggesting the crossbow in the water I'm already compiling :flame:, oh well good idea, I'll cancel current compile and add a crossbow in the water somewhere... but before I do any suggestions on the spot? I was thinking somewhere in a corner...

Back