HL2HO Skinning CHALLENGE!!!

W

Wilko

This goes out to all skinners, or anyone that really wants to participate, you can check out all the details at the HL2HO website media section

Heres the skinny:

Its a mod contest for a model that our modeler Sirken made. You get a skinmap that I created, of the model's face (which is what you'll be skinning!!)

other questions can be directed to the forum at the
HL2HO website

cylindrically?? :p Wish I knew how to lol Im not really a very good skinner, in fact im not a skinner :)

shouldnt be too bad already, just line the features up with the red lines :)

If any skinners can give me details on how to unwrap "cylindrically".... thatd be good :D

Dude opening contestes for a mod that no one knows about is stupid because there isnt even a prize. I dont think this is really a contrest i think this is ur way of getting a modellel skinned because u dont got a skinners . Thats sad

SST said:
Dude opening contestes for a mod that no one knows about is stupid because there isnt even a prize. I dont think this is really a contrest i think this is ur way of getting a modellel skinned because u dont got a skinners . Thats sad

Heh.. harsh but true

well...

I wasnt really expecting anyone to do like real realistic skins, I thought some people might have fun just skinning it...like darth maul etc etc, anyways... I guess now im the skinner of the team cause I skinned it :D Wasn't really a gimic at all, just thought some people might wanna do it. Guess i'll take the contest down then...:(

I could skin a bit before I made the contest so I am in fact kind of a skinner, so our team did actually have a skinner (me...)

heres some pics of the skin i did FOR THE CONTEST, like I said I would in the contest rules :p in case someones interested:

http://hl2holdout.marineeater.co.uk/marine.jpg <-- copy and paste into your web browser and it should work.

still dont think the flamin' was completely neccesary, especially not off the bat...

also since its a mod "no one knows about" I thought maybe having a contest may increase popularity... taking down the contest is going to bring down the moral of my team :(

Flaming is never necessarily, it's just a product of immature and impolite individuals expressing their opinions :) It's actually fairly interresting for new skinners to attempt at skinning meshes, although you should really provide the model to go with it, so people can see how the skin looks on the 3D model, but otherwise I think you've just hit this "challenge" at an incorrect time and place, as people will just assume you want to get a skin done without getting any skinners lol

If I could get maps without putting up with mappers, i'd do it! :D

Yeah, just get maps done by the fans, like.. every other good mod out there :D

lol I will start a contest to see who can finish my mod first. prize respect. ehhehe

X_i_Z_o_R said:
Flaming is never necessarily, it's just a product of immature and impolite individuals expressing their opinions :) It's actually fairly interresting for new skinners to attempt at skinning meshes, although you should really provide the model to go with it, so people can see how the skin looks on the 3D model, but otherwise I think you've just hit this "challenge" at an incorrect time and place, as people will just assume you want to get a skin done without getting any skinners lol

pfffft you agreed with him :p you jerk lol

X_i_Z_o_R said:
Yeah, just get maps done by the fans, like.. every other good mod out there

lol yeah were planning on it I think.

I'll probably release the contest again at a later time, when the community is bigger and include the model ;) =0) You know later being when were FRIEKEN HUGEEEE massive multibillion dollor.. mod :p

Wilko said:
pfffft you agreed with him :p you jerk lol

Heh.. If you note my first post, I've highlighted the error in the format of this enterprise without "flaming", and I stand by that, I also wholeheartedly disagree with flaming as noted in the comment above ;)

Back