Hmmmm, I'm confused LOL!

IchI

Reaction score
Ok, I kinda like.... broke my sisters computer.

Basiclly, I was installiing and sorting a lot of things on her computer. I then restarted after installing directx 9b for The Sims2 and it didn't come back to life.... before I did that I losed Optamised defaults in BIOS, just to make sure all her settings where fine. Now when I boot up I get the blue screen of death :O :O :O :O

It says this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

STOP: 0X00000001, 0X00000001, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X81B8DE71

Does anyone have a clue in hell what that means :(

oh ichi... *sigh*

i had that a few times, once in the middle of the Breed beta demo. if you're getting it when starting up the pc, i think it has something to do with IRQ conflicts. go into the bios and make sure everything's irq is set up correctly.

This happend to me once i had to reformat my computer.

Load defaults or safe settings.

If that does not work then try auto-detecting the drives in bios and go through and double check the other settings. If anything stands out that you know should be changed then go ahead. Example, you have an AGP card but primary GFX card is set to PCI.
If you have any questions about an option, post it.
You shouldn't need to clear the cmos jumper because you do have access to the bios and you can change to defaults.

I get that stupid, Error.

My raid setup, hates playing video and using bit torrent at same time.

Its weird, but i just ignore it :)

You dont have a tv card installed by any chance do you?

I got that once, found out that it was a curropt ATI driver... I booted into safe mode, removed the drivers, downloaded them again. Rebooted into safe mode then installed them. That fixed my problem. But thenagain... you installed directx. Try booting into safemode and using system restore to restore your system to before you installed dx 9.

drivers or card not support direct x 9?...i dunno too much about DirectX problems heh

Hmm.... Thanks for all your help. I reformatted the HD, like litrally got 99% the way through it, but this time I had different ram. Then it died. Its got nothing to do with whats on the HD so I am guessing its the BIOS. Anyone got any clue exactly what I am looking for?

NOTE: I loaded fail safe defaults and it still does it.

Back