Holy crap! Cool thing in Ravenholm

Foxtrot88

Reaction score
Was playing in ravenholm right after you get the shotgun and is about to push the elevator button. Then two fast zombies comes in the door, so I though "why not block the door?" and took the gas barrels(tanks,cans?) and the boxes on top of that again so that when they came I would blow them up. But damn they are smart...

And then they scared the sh*t out of me!

http://img149.exs.cx/img149/6137/d1town0200011ko.jpg

And plz dont whine if you have seen it, I was just bored and thought this was cool

yeah i remeber that, happened to everyone, and everyone shit themselves like you :D one of the most memorable bits :p

Why block the door? It's only two of them. Still cool though...

Why would you post just the thumbnails instead of links to the full pictures? I lost my microscope, you know?

Heh, I remember that. Later on, I experimented by blocking another door, where a few fast zombies would run by. So what did they do? Ran in all the way from the door a few levels down, and all the way up into my room, attacking from behind.

Yea I F6ed, took em all on outside, didnt like the way it turned out, tried it again but blocking the door, came through the glass and i shat myself, :LOL: So then I figured to just CLOSE the door, and make a little wall out of the crates. Worked wonders, they couldnt get past and I couldve used whatever weapon I wanted to show off, but I <3 the shottie. And it means no fastcrabs which could jump over my wall.

You know you could just push "use" key to close the door.

But it is more fun with the grav gun ;)

heheheh yeah same thing happened to me the first time through, but all I did was *close* the door =p You don't have to block it, they can't open doors.

Oh man thats sweet. Didnt happen to me :/

I would have liked to see zombies and such be able to break down wooden doors... that way shutting the door only slowed them down, not stop them completely. The zombies are tough... I'm sure they could break through a wooden door. And for metal doors they'd smack it and dent it.

for me those zombies jumped through the glass :p
anyway yeah Ravenholm was fun

The best thing about this is that you just know that Valve put it in on purpose. I actually just went out there and shot them rather than being a coward but this is a beautiful example of why Half Life 2 really is so well done.

Yes i know I could lock the door, but as you see under the boxes, I was trying to burn them when they came. So I didnt expect them to come down on my head from the roof

Anywhay, it just proves what a good game HL2 really is :E
I actually just went out there and shot them rather than being a coward

That is offending! :p

Jackathan said:
I would have liked to see zombies and such be able to break down wooden doors... that way shutting the door only slowed them down, not stop them completely. The zombies are tough... I'm sure they could break through a wooden door. And for metal doors they'd smack it and dent it.

It was scripted but at the start of Office Complex, a zombie broke through a wooden door to get to you. :)

I was playing that bit the 2nd time I think (I got killed or lost too much health or something) and when they were coming I thought "aahh bug off, I'm not fighting with you this time" and closed the door. The rest is known :p. When I played there for the 1st time though I killed them without closing the door and then tried to get to the roof through the windows by stacking some boxes. Unfortunately there was an invisible ceiling for me :/

I got the same effect once after closing the door. It had worked at a later point on my first play through so I was feeling pretty smug when they smashed through the ceiling. :)

Yeah, thats cool.
First time through I went into the room and was waiting for the elevator to come up and I also shut the door. Just was not expecting them to use the window above my head! Man, that was unexpected. :O

stinger.aim92 said:
I was playing that bit the 2nd time I think (I got killed or lost too much health or something) and when they were coming I thought "aahh bug off, I'm not fighting with you this time" and closed the door. The rest is known :p. When I played there for the 1st time though I killed them without closing the door and then tried to get to the roof through the windows by stacking some boxes. Unfortunately there was an invisible ceiling for me :/

You know, one thing I love about this game is that the invisible walls of not-gettin-to-go-there-edness only affect the PLAYER. NPC's walk right through them. So the zombies can actually go outside of the area you can, on the roofs, etc. Every other game I have ever played, ALL things stop at the invisible walls. Course, no invisible why-o-why-cant-I-go-there-walls would be better, but hey, I will take what I can get.

Same here.. but I blocked the door from the outside and they too scared the shit out of me when they broke out through the roof and jumped on me.

Just passed this bit on hard. Only I didn't block the door, I just shut it. And they came through that window to the left. Really a shit my pants moment, especially since it didn't happen the first couple times through, and especially since the fast zombies are bastards on hard :D

Heh, that's pretty impressive AI. Almost cinematic or something. Never had that happened to me. Only way I could beat the fast ones was through brute force, and it sucked.

Back